Job Function: Supply
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-London-London Brewery
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Date: Jan 26, 2021
About the Company
About our Company
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith’s, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt’s 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of ’s most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We’re also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
Ensure employee safety and product quality by strictly managing and adhering to standard operating procedures and safety guidelines
Assumes Lead Operator responsibilities when Lead Operators are not scheduled to shift (IE a call out, vacation coverage and weekend coverage)
- Reports out on any safety/environmental non compliance discovered and reacted to during their shift
- Drives compliance of the no guard, no run policy.
- Drives PPE compliance on shift, leading by example and holding Lead Operator and operators in all areas accountable.
- Ensures LOTO procedures are followed in the packaging and logistics areas, and audits LOTO on walks.
- Assists in all accident investigations in the plant and assure Incident/Injury Reports are completed and filed prior to shift end.
- Supports/coordinates on shift all EHS sponsored events (OSHA training, kickoff training, blood drives, hearing tests, evacuation drills, etc.).
- Responsible for Quality Assurance activities in packaging and logistics.
- Ensures time is accurately charged for processing blocks and dump beer.
- Coordinates with QA techs any material SICs/DMR escalation when scope is beyond operators on the line. Helps with SMI isolation and reruns..
- On shift resource to the Lead Operator to assist with any CQV plan communicated by QA and/or BPM.
- Assists the Lead Operator with any sanitation on shift that cannot be resolved by operators in their production area, including common use areas (cafeteria, locker room, peripheral areas, etc) Communicates any facility follow-up issues to Facilities Manager.
- Walks areas with the Lead Operators to assure they understand cleaning expectations and communicate the same expectations to the operators/techs.
- Accountable for ensuring cleaning SOP’s are followed in Acadia and documentation is properly completed in the Master Cleaning Schedule by the BPO (packaging and logistics).
- Ensures all 5S audits for peripheral areas per the MCL are completed and provide feedback to the Lead Operators to drive performance.
- Manages Peripheral cleaning activities/operators.
- Assure effective ownership of reject and critical process notifications by operators and Lead Operators(s), including proper documentation and follow-up.
- Ensures that Lead Operators are enforcing that operators and technicians are following reaction plans, SOP’s (conversions, RCA’s, etc) and investigating reasons behind process deviations.
- Monitors and acts a resource for Lead Operators for plans that are executed by the line teams as described by the BPM for each area.
- Ensures all conversions are scheduled and staffed for success on shift. Communicates SOP and reaction plan based on exceptions to the business process manager’s original plan.
- Cascades training gaps for conversions identified by the Lead Operator and coordinates follow up training with Training Coordinator.
- Provides support for Lead Operators for unit breakdowns and ensures the right resources are working on the right things.
- Adjust the production schedule, material schedules, logistics schedules as necessary to minimize impact on shift and next.
- Assists Lead Operators develop Abnormality Report investigations when triggers are hit.
- Accountable for on shift maintenance execution- corrective, opportunistic and scheduled PMs
- Responsible for identifying training and skill gaps of techs on shift.
Training & Development:
- Review scheduling issues and reviews call logs to set next shift up for success.
- The Shift Manager is responsible for the daily schedule exceptions of operators and technicians.
- The Shift Manager and the Training Coordinator must coordinate activities to meet all objectives including executing the training plan.
- Lead the development plan and performance review process for Lead Operators in his/her responsibility. Provide timely on shift feedback to the Lead Operators
- Identify technical training gaps on the shift for Operators, Technicians and Lead Operators, and work to resolve with BPM, Training Coordinator, and Ops/Logistics Managers.
- Accountable for working with Lead to provide training and mentoring to operators/techs on shift- 5Ys, PAR3.
- Accountable for training execution on your shift.
- Make rounds to communicate and have face to face time with all employees on shift
- Utilizes MCRS shift meeting to carryover all critical tasks and events as they relate to E&S, quality, and efficiency for all areas in the shop.
- Uses SIC trending, alarm reports and other exception reports to monitor the state of the shop and identify emerging process problems; ensures the escalation plan is properly executed for sustaining results. Assigns urgent items to the Lead Operator.
- A basic understanding is required of plant wide processes to ensure proper reaction (reaction plan) is initiated by the Lead Operator/line team.
- Responsible for timely support to Brewing, Q.A., and Utilities for exception related issues as needed.
- Responsible for initiating communication to General Manager during a potential BRP incident. Takes immediate control of situation and transitions Operations leadership to designated Lead Operator.
- Understands “the big picture” of how their team's decisions affect future shift operations and guides as needed.
- Administers the labor agreement as appropriate.
- Conducts incident investigations as necessary. Completes incident reports, using the “who, what, where, when and how” approach.
- Understands the discipline and grievance process and participates in it, as appropriate.
- Responsible for approving time for manpower on shift.
- Accountable for auditing the accurate allocation of time in PTA for proper KPI reporting per the operating time allocation policy at the end of shift. Follow up with Lead Operator to close any gaps for errors discovered and corrected.
- Audits case counts and beer meter and adjusts as needed escalating to AOM
- University Degree - Engineering or Science with a technical background preferred
- 3-5 years of experience managing maintenance best practices, policies and procedures
- Manufacturing experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of brewing, maintenance, quality controls an asset
- Experience with coaching and training skilled trades in a unionized environment
- Solid understanding of mechanical/electrical controls and automation systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound analytical skills to develop/understand business cases
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.