Supervisor, Software Development
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
- Looking for a leader who is passionate about performance, enthusiastic about team development and thrives in an evolving environment
- Responsible for the embedded software developers, the software supervisor will:
- Develop the team: coach, mentor and grow the people on the team
- Provide technical guidance: Provide the team leadership on project execution, alignment with system requirements and business objectives
- Project execution: Collaborate with project engineering and other stakeholders to ensure tasks remain within scope and on schedule
- Software development: Assist the team with maintaining accurate issue tracking in JIRA, software repositories in Bitbucket, and documentation in Confluence
- Task management: Work with the team to ensure balanced workloads which align with IR&D strategy and production needs
- Support the team: help the team remove roadblocks and overcome challenges to their success
- Evolve the process: Regularly evaluate the GDLS-C process to assure alignment with industry best practices
- Develop and communicate plans: Work with the subject matter experts to create estimates for bid and proposals. Ensure plans are accurately communicated to stakeholders
- Assess technologies: Support the team in assessing technologies and how they can be used to improve development and products
- Build quality: work with the team to ensure solutions are built with quality and safety in mind
- University degree/college diploma in related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience of successfully managing and leading teams
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices
- Strong knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience with product development in a heavy-equipment or automotive industry
- Hands on experience building software
- Experience participating in and conducting code reviews
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.