Specialist, Programmer - Applications Support Analyst
The Systems Programmer / Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient information systems and operations systems in support of core organizational functions. This includes the continued development of reports, interfaces, extensions and customizations in the current applications footprint and the configuration and development of new stand-alone applications as required. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
Strategy & Planning
- Preparation of Change Control documentation for review at CCB (Change control board)
- Assist in enhancements to the existing Teamcenter application
- Collaborate with other business SMEs in the development of system solutions
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with software vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and software vendors
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user review & feedback, for modified and new systems.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Document the applications architecture, setup, known issues, and miscellaneous information
- Work with business users to document requirements for all application updates, changes and modifications as required
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches and hot fixes etc
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in IT
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Working technical knowledge PL/SQL and Java, C, C++, .NET
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Teamcenter Application Administration and support
- Teamcenter Active Workspace support and customization
- Teamcenter Requirement Management
- Teamcenter MOM (Manufacturing Operations Management)
- Teamcenter Workflow design, development and support
- Teamcenter BMIDE
- Teamcenter and NX Integration
- Temcenter/NX: CAD and JT Assembly data - export and import
- Linux experience
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.