Flexo Press Operator
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With over 100 years serving health and wellness markets, the privately held company is moving through an aggressive growth strategy with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its three business units—Cartons & Labels, Pharmacy & Medication Adherence and Packaging Services—and its two European subsidiaries Venalink UK and Venalink Spain, the company brings a unique expertise across health sectors to its customers. And, with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms, Jones puts consumer well-being first while responding to evolving market needs.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
Summary of position
The Flexo Press Operator maintains all phases of production within the department maintaining consistently high quality standards. Performance is based on the quality of make ready that guarantees a high quality product and minimum downtime and spoilage. Also a minimum number of returns or complaints by customers.
If you are task-oriented, with a keen attention to detail, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited about working with machinery and equipment in a team setting, then this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you love problem solving, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity!
Here are some of the different activities you will be asked to do:
- Allocate job responsibilities according to machine and production schedules.
- Do make ready for each production run.
- Provide final approval to make ready before production runs.
- Maintain a good rate of production with high quality standards and minimum spoilage.
- Maintain and repair machinery and inform Maintenance of any break downs.
- Complete spoilage reports and CIR’s.
- Trouble Shoot and problem solve issues related to the press.
- Maintain tooling quantities by cleaning, repairing or replacing to maintain quality specifications
- Take a team approach to solving problems and see continuous improvement opportunities.
- Take pride in workmanship, with high attention to detail and accuracy
If you’ve got:
- Post-secondary Diploma
- 3-5 years previous Flexo Web printing experience an asset
- The ability to work or rotate multiple shifts including days, afternoons, and midnights
We’d like to hear from you!
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 519.451.2100 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.