Automation Technician - Maintenance (Automotive)
Arkal Automotive is a Plastics Injection Molding company located in the London area. We are a successful Tier 2 supplier within the automotive market. We are looking for an energetic, skilled Automation Technician to join our Maintenance team on our Day shift. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
The incumbent, reporting to the Maintenance Manager, is responsible for all duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for providing maintenance repair, preventative and predictive maintenance activities for all production activities. The incumbent will remain pro-active with respect to all facets of the corporation and its operations.
- Ensure all Automation is functioning as intended
- Repair and upgrade all Automation as required
- Control and monitor all processes in Automation
- Create Condition Standards for all Injection Machines and Automation and routinely audit them.
- Work with any outside contractors to design/install new Automation
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to ensure minimal scrap and cycle time improvements
- Communicate issues found and root causes back to Maintenance Manager
- Follow daily work plan issued by Maintenance Manager
- Plan and complete assigned special projects
- Complete other task as requested.
- 100% Manufacturing support
- Assist in training other shifts. May require working various shifts for short periods of time.
- Any other activities/job duties as directed
- Electrical/Controls/Siemens PLC background/knowledge an asset
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent work experience
- Robotics or Electrical certification an asset
- Read and interpret documents such as schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Lift truck certification, or ability to acquire
- Crane Operation
- Understanding of TS requirements
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques
Arkal is offering a competitive salary for this role based on experience and qualifications.
Arkal is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are offered during the application process upon request.
We appreciate all applications received; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Masks are optional, safety glasses required
- automation: 1 year (preferred)