Vehicle Autonomy Specialist
Are you excited to be a part of the team to revolutionize 21st century military technologies? Do you want to make an impact in the development of next generation manned and unmanned vehicles that will operate in challenging environments? Are you thrilled to create intelligent machines?
General Dynamics Land Systems of Canada (GDLS-C) is looking for an Autonomy Engineer to join our global team of engineers to develop cutting edge technologies in autonomous navigation, multi-agent robotic system, target tracking, and machine intelligence. You will develop, architect, implement, and deploy state-of-the-art algorithms on manned and unmanned platforms to achieve various mission objectives. You will be working with multiple types of sensors including lidar, radar, camera, IMU, GPS, etc, and coming up with solutions related to perception, localization, mapping, path planning, navigation, control, and decision-making. We are looking for a talented, energetic and innovative Vehicle Autonomy Engineer to join our disruptive engineering team who can manage the technology development and deliver impactful results.
Key Job Elements:
- Develop, evaluate and implement state-of-the-art perception, motion planning, control, and target tracking algorithms for various crewed and uncrewed platforms
- Research and evaluate recent developments in SLAM, computer vision, state estimation, sensing technology, data fusion, machine learning, path planning and control
- Work with various universities, research institutions, government labs and industrial partners to research, develop and implement cutting-edge autonomy technologies
- Assist with concept development for next generation land combat vehicle design
- Develop and carrying out system test plans for field testing
- Participate in internal and customer demonstrations
- Software development as necessary
- Master degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Practical knowledge of perception, state estimation, localization, mapping, SLAM, path-planning, control, and modeling
- Hands-on experience with autonomous systems and sensing technologies, such as LiDAR, radar, camera, IMU, and GPS
- Ability to perform general hands-on troubleshooting of electromechanical systems
- Familiar with common open-source middleware and libraries like ROS, OpenCV, Gazebo, Rviz, PCL, etc
- Familiar with implementing cutting-edge autonomy research algorithms into robotic platforms
- Knowledge of computer vision and 3D LiDAR point cloud processing
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of machine learning techniques; experience in using CNN, DNN, FCN, and reinforcement learning to solve practical problems
- Familiar with common neural network architectures, such as ResNET, VGG, and Inception
- Strong software development skills - C, C++, Python
- Proficiency with Linux (Ubuntu)
- Experience with field robotics is highly desired
- Experience with typical vehicle mobility systems that enable acceleration, braking, and steering
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.