UI/UX Software Product Designer
You may be on our Bucket list…
Factory Bucket is looking for a motivated UI/UX Designer to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate is a talented designer with a strong background in web and digital design with a desire to build and maintain web-based and mobile products for a wide variety of users with complex needs and specific feature requests that help enhance their experience and contribute to the core Factory Bucket product.
Our team is comprised of graphic designers, mobile and web developers, software engineers, sale people and strategists working together to create the world’s largest industrial marketplace of products that solve challenges faced by manufacturers in the front office and on the factory floor. Factory Bucket users benefit from modern software tools that speed up communication; increase organization and efficiency; and provide transparency within a company so that they can achieve the highest output and greatest cost savings possible. The incumbent UI/UX Designer will be a part of an innovative, fast-paced team that values creative problem solving, promotes work-life balance/flexibility, and relies on members to bring forward a self-motivated entrepreneurial spirit to the role. Your talent, skill, and hard work will be valued and rewarded and room for growth is boundless.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will report to our Creative Director and Product Manager, working closely with the Design & Development teams to bring ideas to life primarily on the web, mobile devices, but occasionally in digital advertising and other media according to client challenges and internal marketing needs determined by Sales/Account Managers and other strategic leaders. You have a high level of skill designing for optimal user interaction and flow across digital platforms and are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, XD) as well as Sketch, wireframing and prototyping software (e.g. XD, Invision).
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to work well both independently and within a team of strategists, designers, and developers in the conceptualization and production of various projects
- Have a firm grasp on the latest and most innovative digital design trends and be able to distill and translate the best of those trends into client/project work in a day-to-day context
- Be able to lead digital-focused projects in a junior Product Manager-style capacity
- Be comfortable rationalizing design solutions and providing feedback on other designs
- Be able to work on large-scale team projects and individual assignments, delivering precise and error-free work
- Stay positive and consultative in the face of challenges
- Be detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills at every step of the process
- 2+ years’ experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating digital and UI/UX design skills
- Expertise in creating wireframes/prototypes and site mapping
- An ability to produce wireframes, storyboards, and communicate interaction models
- Proficiency with visual design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch)
- Nice to have, but not required: UX and user research experience, familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Ideating and completing interface design and user experience breakouts for web, Android, and iOS applications from concept to completion to brief an experienced development team
- Creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, and user flow models
- Leading digital projects within an integrated brand strategy, design and development team
- Staying on top of best practices and trends in the digital world
To apply, please include a link or attachment to your portfolio, and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing UI/UX Designer in the subject line.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This position is open to Canadian residents only. We appreciate the time it takes to apply, but we are only able to contact those being considered for the position. Thanks for your understanding!