This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
New Program Coordinator
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Duties to include attending meetings involving new programs and projects to report on and resolve Materials issues related to, packaging and equipment, line side delivery, shipping and receiving. Implements Company and departmental policies throughsystems and procedure creation with measurable KPI’s.
- Post-secondary education, preferable in Materials Management / Industrial Engineering.
- 5 years of work related experience, preferably in an automotive JIT environment.
- PMP designation or equivalent an asset.
- Strong computer skills an asset (AutoCAD / Visio / Excel / SAP).
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and
- Formet’s Visions/Values through Magna’s Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Capable of leading, directing, coaching and motivating Team Members to reach goals.
- Work with all facets within Formet to build the Formet Team environment. Working with all
- areas such as production, quality, engineering and maintenance.
- Professionally conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with being a positive leader
- and role model.
- Review and report on program specific requests.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting Formet and Department targets and objectives.
- Recommend appropriate Material Handling equipment.
- Educate other departments in lean material handling methods.
- Act as Materials liaison between suppliers and process engineers and from department to department
- Responsible to effectively consult with Team Members regarding new programs and projects.
- Assist in restructuring storage locations, plant modifications and line staging requirements.
- Effectively hold and coordinate meetings to help communicate information throughout the group
- Attend and participate in Team, Department and any other meetings required.
- Responsible for answering feasibility requests on new and current business.
- Investigate new material handling systems and support implementation of system.
- Responsible for Material Handling packaging and equipment design.
- Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining workload calculations.
- Perform other duties as designated.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.APPLY