We are looking for a Production Supervisor with at least 3 years of supervisory experience to oversee our production operations. You’ll guarantee that production remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflows.
In a fast paced environment like production, the supervisor is an integral part of the process. You must meet performance and safety standards, comprehend complex operations and provide a safe work environment for employees.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will be responsible for:
- Meet performance standards related to Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) and will provide a safe work environment for employees within the department while working with the H&S team to develop identify hazards and prevent incidents.
- Accountable to the company’s KPI’s; Health and Safety, Food Safety, Quality, Waste Rate and Run Rates.
- Ensure food safety is communicated throughout the production process
- Ensure quality output is achieved via adherence to recipes and specifications, reducing the number of customer complaints.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment.
- Help gather information to continuously improve preventative maintenance schedules on industrial equipment.
- Work to reduce the amount of production disposal costs due to preventable production errors to meet and exceed waste reduction targets.
- Manage the department’s optimal use of materials, machinery and labour efficiently to meet run rate targets.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve processes and create sustainable success and longevity.
- Key member of the leadership team who will contribute to the success of Dr. Oetker.
- Support the Production Manager as needed.
- Management may at its discretion reassign you to a different department based on operational need.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Mechanical Engineer diploma would be consider an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in a unionized and/or food manufacturing environment would be consider an asset.
- Experience supervising a team
- Experience working with SAP or similar systems
Attributes and Competencies
- Strong knowledge on KPI’s, Health and Safety, Food Safety, Quality, HACCP, Waste Rate and Run Rates.
- Intimate knowledge in Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR)
- Excellent leadership, change management, organization and problem solving skills.
- Sound judgement, independent and critical thinking and ability to make difficult and time sensitive decisions.
- Excellent conflict resolutions skills, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work according to tight schedules and timelines, managing process flow and function well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Strong written verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and the leadership team.
Location: London, ON
Want to shape the future with quality? Then we look forward to your application!
Dr. Oetker Ltd.
RECRUITER NAME - PHONE