At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.?Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
Overview of the Role
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of plant maintenance activities and department staff in accordance with time, cost, quality and safety objectives established by Senior Management of the company.
How you will make contributions that matter:
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to maintenance personnel
- Supervise, evaluate, motivate & train personnel to ensure work completed efficiently, effectively, and safely.
- Work in collaboration with department Supervisors
- Ensure that safe conditions exist at all times within the work environment; take appropriate action to protect the health and safety of employees
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of manpower, equipment and material resources through preparing daily agendas for maintenance personnel, reviewing work progress on regular basis and producing department efficiency reports for every shift submitted to maintenance manager.
- Work with maintenance coordinator to schedule equipment service according plant PM program and work-orders submitted by departments to ensure non-interrupted production flow
- Develop and verify existing work orders to ensure that all resources ready for successful execution
- Develop new PM procedures for continues improvement of equipment reliability and to prevent breakdowns
- Develop and maintain equipment database including labelling of all equipment and piping
- Supervise the maintenance and updates of the documentation database for all equipment
- Ensure the Company’s quality standards, Canadian Fire and technical safety standards are met through both close liaison with Quality Assurance department, full participation in the HACCP program, adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices, maintaining required documentation as well as frequent review and implementation of Company and Government Policies.
- Liaise with all Departments to assure that their equipment service requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- Constantly look for possible improvements in current production process to minimize cost of production and to improve efficiency. Provide support for another departments in CI initiatives
- Assist with environmental compliance and chemical usage
- Maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Other duties as assigned
You are best suited for the role if you have the following qualifications:
- Trade license or degree from technical school or university.
- Minimum of 5 years Maintenance experience is required.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented and possess high degree of initiative, and work well under pressure.
- Understands the operation of all plant equipment/machinery.
- Proficiency and dependability in current position.
We support and care for our employees and their families by providing:
- Competitive salaries
- Advantageous corporate agreements
- Full range of group insurance benefits
- Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
- Purchase option of company stocks
- Group RRSP
- Health and wellness program in the workplace
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Saputo products at a discounted price
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations up to the point of undue hardships, are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our story began in Canada in 1954, when the Saputo family's hard work and dedication created a thriving dairy business. More than 65 years later, our roots in this country remain strong with our Corporate Headquarters in Montréal. Today, we are a leading cheese manufacturer and fluid milk and cream processor in Canada with well-loved brands, such as Saputo, Alexis de Portneuf, Armstrong, Baxter, Dairyland, Joyya, Milk2Go, Milk2Go Sport, Neilson, Nutrilait, Scotsburn* and Woolwich Goat Dairy. Thanks to our national footprint, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and consumers, and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in Canada, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/canada-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy Products Canada team to make your contributions matter every day!
* SCOTSBURN is a registered trademark and is used under license by Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. All open jobs offered by Saputo Inc. and all companies, corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships and other entities controlled by Saputo Inc. (collectively, “Saputo”) on Saputo's web site are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a Saputo subsidiary, office or department, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance. The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While Saputo attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting. Strict confidentiality will be observed at all times. Saputo is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.