Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. WeedMD also operates CX Industries Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc., from the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. With the recent acquisition of Starseed Medicinal Inc., a medical-centric licensed holder with operations in Bowmanville, Ontario, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with other employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where its adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for formulating crucial analysis on business performance, providing insight to the leadership team to establish and maintain an effective strategy. The Manager provides insights to the financial decision-making process at WeedMD, through analysis, financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting, and ultimately reporting. This individual works as a member of the Finance team who sees and understands the full view of the decision support process and contribute to and are responsible for such a process and its various complexities. The Manager performs these functions accurately and in an efficient and effective manner by having the skills to identify, assess, and adapt processes to changes in the business environment. Finally, the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, communicates with others in a wide range of positions, internal and external to the company, to understand and gather qualitative and quantitative information on factors affecting the financial performance of the organization. This is critical to be able to analyze data and relevant facts, consolidate and convey insight to support decision making by management and all stakeholders.
- Coordinate with accounting staffs, interact with and senior management to prepare data for quarterly earnings.
- Supervise cash flow budget development process and prepare detail business plans.
- Coordinate with operations and functional managers and make recommendations to enhance financial support to all plans.
- Develop business planning process, prepare reports and analyze all key metrics for all financial plans, ensuring that all reporting has a cash generation focus and impact.
- Collaborate with different operations teams to achieve all business objectives and prepare appropriate business proposals and operating practices.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and coordinate with teams and implement all financial systems.
- Prepare yearly cash flow budgeting and monthly cash flow forecasts and coordinate with senior management and monitor reconciliation of buying requisitions and patterns.
- Develop financial plans perform comparative analyses and prepare annual cash flow budget.
- Coordinate with management and analyze all interim projects.
- Prepare P&L reports by function aligned with the annual cash flow budget, coordinate with various departments and compile all financial data and prepare final internal financial reports.
- Develop consolidated cashflow forecasts; coordinate with sales, operations, and functional teams to develop financial forecasts.
- Manage use, implementation and development of online analytical reporting tools and design efficient reports to facilitate timely reporting and having ‘one source of the truth’.
- Design various drivers-based plans to highlight ALL drivers of cash generation (through revenue and cost drivers) and provide analytical support to leaders.
- Evaluate all financial results and associated reporting, conduct financial and commercial studies to develop analyses.
- Coordinate with functional departments and manage the cashflow forecast process and formal budget process.
- Other duties as required
- Degree in Finance, Business Administration or other related field of study
- CA, CPA designation, would be an asset
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in a related field, experience in the cannabis industry considered an asset
- Proficient in financial modelling in Microsoft Excel
- Extensive experience in preparing, building, analyzing and presenting financial reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Sage X3
- Strong Presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills are required (verbal, written and comprehension)
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Well-developed coaching and leadership skills, with demonstrated sound professional judgement
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Some travel may be required
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
- management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- CPA, C.A. Designation (Preferred)