Part Time Production
The Original Cakerie Ltd. is one of three premium dessert manufacturing companies owned by Gryphon Investors, managed by Dessert Holding’s. We are a rapidly growing company comprised of The Original Cakerie Ltd. (London Ontario & Delta British Columbia), Lawler’s Desserts (Houston, TX) and Atlanta Cheesecake Company (Atlanta, GA). We are poised for continued growth by bringing high quality products to both retail grocery and food service across North America. Led by a senior team with strong company pedigrees and experience driving improvement – we have exciting opportunities to be a part of this high performance, growth focused organization.
Founded in 1979, The Original Cakerie has an exceptionally strong presence across North America as a premium dessert manufacturer.
Our part time positions are great for those looking to start a career at The Original Cakerie!
- Work up to 6 shifts per week
- You are only required to be available for three shifts from Monday to Saturday
- Desire more hours? Increase your availability
- Shifts run for up to 8.5 hours
Shift Start Times
- 1:00 am -9:30 am
- 5:30 am -2:00 pm
- 9:00 am - 5:30 pm,
- 1:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- 5:00 pm - 1:30 am
- 9:30 pm - 6:00 am
YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK BOTH START TIMES ON YOUR CHOSEN SHIFT
What will you do: Why make cake of course!
- Work on the production line in a variety of roles that work to produce our high quality cake products
- Follow standard operating procedures and safety guidelines
- Work on various tasks with a focus on detail and quality
- Work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Share in our passion for making amazing, delicious, high quality desserts
What’s Great About Working at The Original Cakerie?
- Our pay! We pay great wages and all employees are eligible for quarterly bonuses upon completion of probation
- $17.24 per hour during probationary period (70 shifts)
- $19.15 per hour after probationary period
- $0.70 cents per hours for all hours worked between 7:00pm - 5:00am (shift premium)
- Our Benefits! We provide uniforms, sick pay, and quartely bonus, RRSP contributions and you get to buy your delicious cakes at discounted prices to share with family and friends!
- Our beautiful modern facility is a place you can be proud to work at
What do we need?
Flexibility & commitment to work
- High energy team player with an attention to detail
- Good manual dexterity
- Safety first approach to work
- Previous experience in a food environment preferred
- A GREAT attendance record and glowing references
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify Human Resources if required. “The Original Cakerie is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants"
The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading manufacturer of premium frozen desserts. We are a growing company supplying retail and food service customers across North America. With over 550 employees, 2 manufacturing plants we are well positioned for continued growth expansion.After more than 30 years, our primary employee relationship goals remains unchanged- building a great team, in a progressive company that values the contribution of employees and providing job security that comes from working for a successful company.