Who is the Automation & Robotics Team?
We tackle challenging robotic pick-and-place, packaging, palletizing, assembly, and quality inspection applications for clients across North America in multiple industries. Typical projects range between 3-12 months in duration, $100k to $5M+ in value, and 3 to 20 team members you can count on.
We are problem solvers who automate and improve manufacturing processes through innovative projects. Speed, precision, flexibility, adaptivity, and tenacity are traits that our people share with the robotic systems we create. With an intense focus on customer experience, we are growing rapidly and constantly evolving.
Click here to see a JMP Solution in action: https://youtu.be/VE54s8Dc0kE
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
Progressive. As Project Manager, you will lead/facilitate the project planning, work side by side with your team, and influence the project stakeholders every day to deliver world-class smart robotic automation solutions on time and on budget while creating an extraordinary customer experience. You will take part in leading your teams, reviewing designs, troubleshooting equipment on the shop floor, customer liaising and negotiation. You will execute multiple projects concurrently and prioritize your time and energy effectively. You will celebrate wins with your team and capture lessons learned. Given the client-focused nature of the work, employees may be required to work over weekends or outside of standard business hours as needed.
What qualifies you for this opportunity?
- Firsthand experience designing, building, and/or commissioning industrial automation systems
- Track record of leading a team in successful projects or key deliverables of projects
- Power to motivate your team, successfully remove project roadblocks, ability to convert your client into a team member, and influence vendor partners
- Ability to mentor team members to amplify your impact on the team’s overall success
- Expert level of professionalism leadership, and emotional intelligence when facing tough conversations and project challenges
- High attention to detail with the ability to recognize the customers' key requirements
How could you boost your application?
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of automation and/or manufacturing
- A portfolio of projects in which you made significant contributions as a leader
- Experience with forecasting budgets, schedules, and workloads for multidisciplinary teams
- Advanced skills with Office 365 Suite, Microsoft Project, and any project management software
- Experience/Training with project management methodologies
- Drive to continuously improve, take on new responsibilities, and raise the bar.
- Commitment to developing strong relationships with the project team and customer contacts
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. JMP’s Core Competencies are essential to employee success. JMP employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to complement the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brainpower
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest-growing Systems Integrator in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA, and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” from 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do, and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.