Warehouse Forklift Operator / Relief Team Lead - A Shift
Warehouse Forklift Operator / Relief Team Lead – A shift
Dessert Holdings is a leading baked goods platform providing premium layer cakes, cheesecakes, brownies, bars, and other desserts to the retail in-store bakery (“ISB”) and foodservice channels on a largely private label basis. We are a rapidly growing company comprised of The Original Cakerie (acq. December 2015), Lawler’s Foods (acq. July 2016), and Atlanta Cheesecake Company (acq. January 2018). We are poised for continued growth by bringing high quality products to both retail grocery and food service across North America. Led by a senior team with strong company pedigrees and experience driving improvement – we have exciting opportunities to be a part of this high performance, growth focused organization.
Come and join our amazing team!
We are looking for a Full Time Forklift Operator / Relief Team Lead for our London ON location.
As a member of the warehouse team, you are required to complete various warehouse forklift duties and function as the relief team lead when needed.
The Relief Warehouse Team Lead provides leadership, direction, coaching, and training to warehouse employees. Responsible and accountable for performance standards and ensure company policy, procedure, and duties are followed and maintained at all times.
Relief Team Lead Responsibilities & Duties:
- Give direction to employees, assign duties, train on procedures, processes and policy
- Plan and organize daily operating functions and responsibilities
- Coordinate tasks and priorities
- Communicate with other departments to ensure achievement of organizational results
- Other operating functions that relates to the effective operation of the department
- Follow procedures, safety practices, policy and holding others accountable for the same
- Valid, up-to-date forklift certification
- Forklift experience in Standup Reach Truck (Crown or Raymond) and Walkie (Ryder)
- Focus on detail, accuracy, and a good understanding of inventory control
- Comfortable working in a cold working environment
- Work independently, effective judgment, strong organizational skills and multi-task
- Set high standards for safety, punctuality, attendance, work ethic and personal effort
- Strong communication skills, conflict resolution and demonstrate leadership
- Flexibility, make changes quickly and respond to unplanned situations
- Proficient with computer applications and comfortable learning new systems
Shift: 5:00am - 3:30pm
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday
Pay Rate: $20.82 (probationary), $23.13 (full rate)
Shift premium: $0.70 (between 7pm and 5am)
Weekend premium: $0.70 (between 5am and 7pm)
Team Lead rate: $22.88 (probationary), $25.42 (full rate)
We also offer RRSP, health care benefits, and a great future!
We thank you in advance for your interest in The Original Cakerie. Due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.