The Lab Technician II, is responsible for HPLC testing of all in-process material, inputting data into KPI tracking tools, and producing formulations for current and future projects at Motif Labs. Reporting to the Refining Operations Manager, this role will perform day-to-day duties in compliance with SOPs and Health Canada Regulations.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is positioned for significant growth throughout 2020/2021, and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Sample preparation and analytical testing through the use of HPLC; maintenance and calibration of HPLC
- Follow SOPs pertaining to all analytical testing and formulation equipment; assist with developing and updating SOPs as required
- Manage inventory of processing material and necessary lab supplies
- Record and analyze laboratory data
- Perform formulation tasks, as assigned by Manager, in accordance to relevant SOPs. Formulations include precise mixing of cannabinoids, carrier oils, terpenes, etc.
- Identify improvement opportunities and report issues in order to maximize efficiency, quality and yield while ensuring safety and reliability
- Assist with developing and maintaining formulation calculation tools
- Ensure 100% compliance with QA requirements during day-to-day activities
- Perform sanitation activities as per GPP requirements
- Detailed record keeping of batch data per Health Canada regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Apply Now: https://motiflabs.humi.ca/job-board/operations/2572
- Minimum BSc.
- +2 year’s experience in laboratory, production, manufacturing, or pharmaceuticals
- Extensive experience in HPLC operation, maintenance, and calibration is required
- Experience within Cannabis industry is preferred
- Previous formulation experience within the cannabis industry preferred
- Attention to detail and commitment to safety while operating process equipment
- Positive attitude with strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills including ability to multitask and prioritize
- Shows initiative and ownership of work and willingness to learn
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Physically fit; standing and/or sitting will be required for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Required to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to work various shift schedules as required