Vice President, Manufacturing
London, ON, Canada ? Toronto, ON, Canada ? Vancouver, WA, USA Req #508
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies, which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
Reporting to the COO of Glen Dimplex Americas, with a dotted line to the global COO, the Vice President of Manufacturing Operations will be responsible for the management of two strategic manufacturing facilities in Vancouver, WA & London, ON supporting a growing business in the Americas.
The ideal candidate will be driven to find efficiency across operations and supply chain and increase manufacturing productivity. All of these are critical elements of the business model which will allow the organization to service a growing network of customer channels, while contributing to overall profitability. You will be fast-paced and thrive in an environment with a growth mindset.
In addition, you will be a passionate leader of people and have the presence to influence positive change within the organization.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee all aspects of manufacturing operations
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the vision and execution of a comprehensive manufacturing strategic plan which will drive optimal service within GD Americas’ diverse customer channels and optimize efficiency
- Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance to, operational units’ short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives
- Develop and implement operational efficiencies and manufacturing best practices
- Build a best-in-class team to manage operations and enable internal growth
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to subordinate executives and managers toward their professional development
- Work closely with manufacturing leaders in both the US & Canada to understand the cost of quality control and production issues and opportunities, as well as develop a plan to increase productivity of the manufacturing facilities and teams
- Identify and analyze information to give early warnings of potential problems and recommend corrective action
As a people leader you will:
Shape a Sustainable Future
Keep the Customer Central
- Must anticipate the future by sense and acting upon emerging trends
- Must engage and inspire people around priorities. Energize teams and to make our purpose real.
- Own the Outcome and make growth happen. Execute for today and drive future growth.
Act with Agility
- Shape the customer needs. Understand and exceed customer needs
- Build close customer relationship. Establish relevant and trusted customer engagements
- Creative distinctive value. Bring unique solutions to our customers
- Embrace Change. See change as an opportunity rather than a challenge
- Show resilience. Display determination and supports other to do the same
- Demonstrate curiosity. Seek new learnings and experiences
- Solve problems. Make sense of complexity to generate solutions
Champion People Development
- Seek out the possible. Collaborate as one to imagine and discover opportunities
- Lead Change. Shape a culture to drive disruptive change
- Keep it Simple. Drive out complexity wherever possible
- Start with yourself. Be humble and self-aware
- Develop capability. Foster a culture of development
- Grow Future leader. Nurture the next generation
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Operations Management, or related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of operational supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions
- Experience holding direct accountability for manufacturing operations, multi-site facilities and teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage cost performance, supply/demand forecasting and distribution execution across a variety of product lines from multiple sources
- Knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes and current best practices
- Experience building and overseeing multi-site teams
- Strong business acumen, analytical, financial, and P&L skills
- Proven negotiation experience across a range of complex contract structures
- Experience with ERP applications such as SAP or Oracle is considered an asset
- Integrated Business Planning (IPB) experience is considered an asset
- Experience in sales and operation planning (S&OP)
- Extensive experience with lean supply chain management and Six Sigma practices
- Experience with customer service and/or marketing is considered an asset
- International experience is required, preferably within China and/or Malaysia
- Comfortable with travel to the United States and the European HQ, quarterly or on an as needed basis
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long-term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.