Quality Assurance Supervisor
A little bit about us
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect - for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us. We embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance and flexibility to reach their fullest potential, allowing us all to think in new and creative ways that enhance our business and allow us to grow together both professionally and personally. At Nestlé, you are provided with the opportunity to make a mark and stand out, as long as you seek it.
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
We are Nestlé, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures. Want to learn more? Visit us at?www.Nestlé.com
Business areas: London Ice Cream Plant
Job title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Location: London, ON
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Supervisor at our Nestlé London Ice Cream Factory reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager. The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Quality Assurance Team in the overall management of quality processes. The function contributes to the implementation of the Nestlé Continuous Excellence in the pursuit of zero defects as the essential base for maintaining consumer trust and preference.
A day in the life of...
As a Quality Assurance Supervisor, you will:
Leadership & Development of Team:
• Lead and motivate the Quality Assurance Team in the achievement of their objectives
• Contribute to the development of competence of factory and quality associates as necessary
• Promote quality awareness and commitment to quality across the unit.
• Define and update the specific Quality procedures, instructions and tools in the area of technical expertis
• Contribute to define and follow-up on quality KPI's
• Set operational objectives in collaboration with the QA Manager.
• Support Nestlé Continuous Excellence program in the quest for zero defect
• Support activities to achieve compliance with the Nestlé Quality Management System requirements and other applicable instructions and standards
• Support the delivery of training with respect to Quality Assurance topics
• Sustain and improve current Quality and Food Safety systems
• A leading role in HACCP and Food Safety.
Quality Auditing and Verification:
• Support unit readiness for internal and external audits
• Support trouble shooting and corrective action follow-up of non-conformities.
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate, you will need to be passionate, tenacious, results focused with great people management and leadership skills and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. Pro-activity, tenacity and enthusiasm are essential, as is your ability to understand and work within our competitive market.
You will also have:
• University or College graduate in Science or Engineering (preferred food related field).
• High degree of competence in statistics and data analysis.
• Different unit and/or market exposure and specialized training, i.e. CIP, Hygienic design, chemical handling, and team building experience will be considered valuable to the organization.
• Excellent organizational, negotiation and time-management skills combined with strong customer-service orientation. Office automation and computer skills and familiarity with SAP.
• Experience with external audits (e.g. FSSC 22000, CFIA, …).
• Experience with ISO 9001.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé including a comprehensive total rewards benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one as well as a Company matched retirement savings plan, Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.