This is a full-time temporary position located in Guelph, Ontario. Please note you may receive calls from a 204 area code if you are considered for the position.
Note: This position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Protein Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein London Cargill is a large and reputable food company with operations around the world. Cargill Protein London operates a chicken processing plant in London, Ontario. The processing plant employs approximately 800 employees and processes 100,000 chickens each day.
We are currently hiring for our part-time scheduled summer students General Labour positions(May-August), These Part-time General Labourer positions on days, afternoons or nights shifts start at $15.00/hr
General Production is an important role to play in the daily operations of our facility. There are a variety of roles and responsibilities within this title. The day to day general labourer role can include processing live birds, preparing raw product, producing and packaging finished product. In this role you will be responsible for making sure we have quality product that is made to customer specifications and requirements.
While performing the duties of General Production, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or cold conditions with slippery surfaces at varied heights; moving mechanical parts; fast paced temperature controlled environments. Positions require standing the entire shift, the use of stairs, potential heavy lifting, and repetitive motion.
- Execute day-to-day activities including but not limited to, cutting, packaging, picking, sorting & moving product
- Ensure that production outcomes and quality fulfill customer specifications
- Ability to work in a cold environment (0-4 Celcius)
- Weight handling from 20lbs. up to 60lbs
- Comfortable working with raw meat; Beef, Pork & Chicken
- Must be able to stand on your feet for 8 or 10 hours and complete physically repetitive labour in a fast paced environment
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must be 18 years or older
- Food processing production experience