Power and Energy Systems Team Lead
Join us in Advancing the Environmental Global Impact within the Rail Industry
For the past 30 years, ZTR has designed, developed and released products that have a positive environmental impact within the Locomotive Industry. Planning for an environmentally sustainable future means taking action today in preparation for tomorrow. Everyone has a role to play and we take ours seriously.
ZTR offers a casual working environment and a group of friendly and talented industry leaders passionate about combating climate change. We encourage and support employees to find long-term success and explore opportunities that play into their strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions; we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you continue on a journey to build a rewarding career at ZTR.
What You’ll be Doing
Are you passionate about supporting a more sustainable future? Do you enjoy understanding the customer's needs and providing them with greener and more reliable solutions? Are you data-driven and results-oriented? Whether it’s getting answers for customers quickly, consulting on products with compassion or upselling solution for their issues with a smile, you’ll be the difference between customer experience being just average or an exceptional one.
As Power and Energy Systems Team Lead, you will be part of a passionate team of Engineers within the organization's Development Team that brings new products and services to life. You will be responsible for working on ‘State of the art’ Locomotive technology by developing power systems, and electronics, including traction systems, rotating power equipment, battery management systems, and power distribution. As a member of our team, you’ll be at the forefront of innovation, breaking boundaries, and shaping the landscape of sustainable energy solutions.
This is a great opportunity if you want to make your mark within an organization and help implement new standards and processes. We Need You!
- Leading a team focused on designing, development and optimizing power and energy systems, including our Hybrid Locomotive technology.
- Creating and enhancing the power and energy systems that drive the advancements of locomotives.
- Determine complex networks and technologies that generate, distribute, and manage electrical power.
- Research and investigate power and energy emerging technologies.
- Set technical direction, coordinating efforts, and ensuring the team’s work aligns with performance and efficiency objectives.
- Work with vendors on new, never been done before solutions.
- Instrumental in driving innovation within locomotive propulsion, finding way to enhance performance, reduce emissions, and improve the overall efficiency.
- Participate in reviews and in all phases of the Development Life Cycle.
- Perform on-site control system and locomotive commissioning at globally located rail yards.
- Provide feedback and mentoring to your team, and participate in review cycles.
Who Are You?
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering and/or equivalent experience and training.
- 5+ years with Power Systems experience.
- Proven track record of successfully leading highly technical projects.
- Continuous learning mindset.
- Familiar with power systems, sensors, and electromechanical devices, enabling informed selection and integration of component into research project.
- Eager to provide mentorship and additional experience to the Engineers around you.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Have the potential ability to travel globally.
Why Choose ZTR?
ZTR is all about our people. That is why we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) within our organization. DEI is essential to our goal of creating a great place to work. We are committed to building a representative workforce and committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are looking for flexible, compassionate and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced working environment, and who are looking for long-term, meaningful employment in a career that makes a real difference.
At ZTR, we continuously promote a healthy balance between work, fun and family. This is a place where employees make a difference in our company and within our customers’ organizations. You will be able to direct your career path at ZTR as we are rapidly growing with numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources. We will address information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants in confidence.