Health, Safety, and Environmental Coordinator
As one of Southwestern Ontario’s largest construction teams, the John Aarts Group Ltd., which includes heavy civil construction, vertical forming, asphalt, and concrete and aggregate supply is proud to have participated in the growth and development of Southwestern Ontario.
We are seeking a Health, Safety, and Environmental Coordinator who is aspiring to reach their potential in the field of construction, reporting to the Safety and Compliance Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing an overall coordination function for all occupational health, safety, and environmental policies at the John Aarts Group of Companies. They will actively promote a health and safety culture to all level of employees.
While supporting a construction environment you will spend periods of time working within an office environment and at site locations throughout the year and in various physical and environmental conditions. You will have the ability to work the occasional evenings and weekends. Your support during incident investigations may require you to work outside of your normal work hours.
How you will make an IMPACT
- Promote occupational health, safety and environmental measures throughout the organization and act as a resource to the John Aarts Group.
- Assist with the development and implementation of health, safety and environmental policies, and procedures.
- Play a key role in the development and administration of a COR™ program.
- Help administer the health and safety database.
- Assist in any WSIB claims, return to work programs, and injury case management.
- Assist in the management of all incident investigations, cause, and corrective actions.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of all employee health, safety and environmental training and meetings, including new employee orientations.
- Assist with compliance and correspondence of the legislative requirements of applicable Ministry and other regulatory agencies.
- Be a key driver in Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings.
- Perform inspections of projects, open pit mines, facilities, equipment shop and other work sites.
- Maintenance of all hazardous product records and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Maintain and organize all required PPE and any health and safety related tools, supplies and documents.
- Actively participate in any training programs and courses as directed by Management relevant to the role.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How you WOW us