WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. WeedMD also operates CX Industries Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc., from the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. With the recent acquisition of Starseed Medicinal Inc., a medical-centric licensed holder with operations in Bowmanville, Ontario, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with other employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where its adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing all operations from record keeping to inspecting the quality of the product.
- Supervise and train the team of production/packaging staff to ensure an effective and efficient work force.
- Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures for the Good Production Practices (GPP) operations at all times.
- Design and implement SOP’s ensuring staff follow hygiene and production standards.
- Ensure that the handling of cannabis is in accordance with the SOP’s and Cannabis Regulations.
- Perform duties related to the packaging and labelling, c room and equipment cleaning and sterilization.
- Monitors production output to meet deadlines and determined quality standards.
- Work co-operatively with Quality Assurance as required to maintain product standards.
- Control costs through efficiencies and minimized waste. Lead new initiative as required.
- Ensure post-harvest product including waste is handled according to HC Regulations.
- Monitor and manage the inventory of tools and supplies required by processing operations.
- Participate in strategic discussions regarding processing operations and provide advice to management as required.
- Ensure work place safety practices are followed by all reports.
- Accurately complete documentation as described by company’s SOPs in a timely manner.
- Cooperate with Quality Assurance at all times in response to the status of cannabis Products.
- Regular communication with Director, Operations or designate on updated status of packaging & labeling activities and any risks to fill rate for provincial or customer orders.
- Tracking production activities and labour in ERP system (Sage).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of Manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency and responsibility to meet delivery schedules.
- Hard working and rigorous mindset.
- Ability to work in fast paced and growing environment.
- Working experience in GAP, HACCP regulated environment is preferred.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety best practices.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, and legislation.
- Must be punctual and have an acceptable attendance record.
- Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate with team to ensure proper flow of information.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Standing and walking for 10 hours a day.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisory/Management: 2 years (Preferred)