Mixer / Assembler (Contract)
McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. We work hard to provide quality products such as our Club House spices, Billy Bee honey and newly acquired Frank’s RedHot and French’s.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers, and our employees is unsurpassed.
We are looking to hire temporary Mixer / Assemblers to work within our Blending department. Our Blending department runs 24/7, and the majority of the current opportunities are to work three 12 hours shifts. The shift structure for these two crews is as follows; 1) 7:00am to 7:00pm; Saturday, Sunday, and one other day or 2) 7:00pm to 7:00am; Saturday, Sunday, and one other day.
As a temporary employee you would be a part of our McFlex Workforce which provides candidates with an opportunity to get your foot in the door at McCormick. Once working as a McFlex employee, you have the opportunity to apply to all internally posted regular full time positions. Over the past 18 months over 60 McFlex employees have been promoted into regular fulltime positions at McCormick. Our McFlex employees are consistently working full time hours, with the opportunity for overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities can include:
- Assemble part ingredients following formulas
- Following a recipe ensure the proper and correct mixing of ingredients in industrial blenders with a capacity up to 5000lbs
- Check finished product continually to ensure quality and accurate mixing of ingredients or blending
- Complete customer orders consisting of transferring materials from original containers by scooping into custom order sizes up to 50lbs
- Complete packaging, raw material requisitions/ drum tags
- Adhere to all safety and lockout procedures and guidelines
- Record all necessary and requested information accurately
- Maintain the operation at a high sanitation level
- Be part of a High Performance team
- Pick ingredients from the warehouse as required
- Use SAP for inventory transactions
- OSSD diploma or equivalent, and successful passing of pre-employment testing
- Valid driver’s license
- Forklift experience is a strong asset
- Ability to maintain good housekeeping practices
- Ability to follow directions and work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take courses to develop skills within job
- Knowledge of spices and ingredients is desirable
- Ability to safely perform physical work, including, pushing, pulling, bending, and lifting up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to safely work in a dusty and wet environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to respond to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads with minimal supervision
- Experience with SAP is an asset
- Ability to work overtime, pre-shift and other shifts when required
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick Canada offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of our employees and their families.
- Wages starting at $20.83 plus $2.00 weekend shift premium
- Regular employees receive Health and Dental (100% coverage + premiums paid by McCormick)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation in your first full year of regular employment
- Company pension contribution between 3-8% for regular employees
- Company store with discounted prices
- Global and annual Charity Day with proceeds going to local charities
- Annual bonuses and stock purchase plan
- Employee assistance program
- Employee reward and recognition programs
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.