Job ID LON00813Date posted 01/26/2021Location : London, Canada
Want to?build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Ergonomic Specialist is a subject matter authority that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations. In this role, you will lead, at low-to-medium complex facility, or help lead, at high complex facility, the implementation, execution and maintenance of the facilities ergonomic programs and safety management systems. You will be responsible for in-depth understanding and application of safe, compliant operational practices and demonstrate compliance with company policy, work processes, programs and standards.
- Support plant leadership in facilitating ergonomic program targets and initiatives
- Support contractor environmental, health and safety requirements during construction phase and help test and evaluate environmental, health and safety performance according to design during project startup phase.
- Executing and performing the ergonomic program and assessments, providing support to operations and performing on incident investigations and risks analysis.
- Support suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjusting curriculum to reflect site specific needs and deliver training.
- Partner with key site or project leaders to integrate and operationalize environmental, health and safety programs and drive culture of safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Understand, localize and integrate company and legally required work processes, programs and controls into site level operating procedures, tools, and work instructions to standardize front line processes and monitor, analyze and adjust for improved performance.
- Ensure strong alignment of goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets and govern site performance targets together with plant and site leadership team and consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Ergonomic software
- Ergonomic experience in a manufacturing plant or industrial environment, providing support to all operations
- Flexibility to work in others shifts and weekends as required
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Basic business acumen and the ability to lead and partner and communicate effectively with business counterparts
- Solid working knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
- Confirmed ability to deliver processes effectively to optimize business resources
- Ergonomic Certification
This position is posted internally as well as externally