|Job ID 153426
Date posted 09/29/2021
Location : London, Canada
Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein
offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved
sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way.
Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing
facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to
maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
In the role of Refrigeration Operator you will be responsible for daily completion of production processes within a work
area, operational department, operational support area, or technical domain.
You will ensure areas of responsibilities meet
Business/Plant standards for safety, quality, efficiency and financial performance.
You will also perform skilled tasks to install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and/or modify complex industrial refrigeration
equipment, processes and/or systems. Another responsibility of this role is to help diagnose cause of malfunctions
or equipment failures. Some key expectations of this role include; performing preventative and corrective mechanical
maintenance. Assisting in the installation, calibration and start-up of new equipment. Working with minimal to no
supervision and monitors quality of own work.
You will be in charge of performing daily tasks by applying skills and knowledge of one or more products, processes, areas
or machines. Having a thorough understanding of the process, work flow and works on assignments where judgment
is required to resolve problems and make recommendations is an important aspect of the role. Also, you will have the
responsibility of maintaining refrigeration requirements for plant operations – freezers, rounds, HVAC operations, and all
operational duties for production coverage.
Compensation: $32.40 CAD per hour.
- Execute activities of day-to-day operations of assigned area, following policies and procedures related to personnel safety and food/feed safety, comply with corporate policies and procedures related to Environment, Health and Safety (EHS), Comply with corporate policies and procedures related to Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR).
- Health & Safety: Enforce a culture of zero fatality, injury and illness
- Environmental: Understand and proactively avoid environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses
- Food Safety: directly monitor risks associated with products, ensure HACCP/FDA requirements are met in all food and feed processes, understand food safety fundamentals and complete safety inspections and housekeeping audits
- Operate motorized vehicles with components used to move or lift products, equipment, or materials within and amongst destinations (warehouses, storage yards, plant factories, railroad stations, offices, etc.)
- Knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively and lead within a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a desire to be part of a high-performing team
- Knowledge of CFIA requirements for food manufacturing
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 25 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Refrigeration Operator Class B License or higher.
- Must have experience working with ammonia cooling and compressed air systems
- Must have experience working with boilers and steam
- Must have knowledge of Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) standards
- At least one year of experience in refrigeration related work
- Basic use of a computer
- Gas Technician 1 certificate
- Third Class Stationary Engineer or higher
- Food Industry experience
- Ability to read blueprints and layout drawings
This Full Time position is located in London, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.