VP, Finance & Corporate Controller
WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. WeedMD also operates CX Industries Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc., from the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. With the recent acquisition of Starseed Medicinal Inc., a medical-centric licensed holder with operations in Bowmanville, Ontario, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with other employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where its adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
The Vice President, Finance would be responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial oversight including but not limited to: the management of cash; managing of the audit and ensuring monthly and annual financial statements are prepared in a fulsome and timely manner; preparation of financial forecasts; tax planning and tax compliance; banking relationships; ensuring the organization operates within specified financial covenants as applicable; currency hedging; all forms of leases; all forms of insurance excluding medical benefits; collections; management of payables and all other forms of service as are generally required of this position.
- A part of and provide support to senior departmental or divisional leaders.
- Be the organizational leader championing fiscal and monetary accountability throughout the organization.
- Provide forward thought in the form of analysis, forecast or risk assessment. Evaluate options and convey such to management.
- Provide example to others by working expeditiously, maintaining promised or regulated deadlines. Ensure that management is fully apprised of all issues and the developmental status of same.
- Manage the year-end audit within the time frame and budget.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements as required.
- Review project profitability, project cash flow, progress billing, holdback billing, unbilled revenues and collection.
- Improve, implement and manage financial controls to maximize accounting accuracy and efficiency
- Supervise the annual and other budgets of all types.
- Management of financial processes and financial reporting including cash management, accounts payable and cash flow forecasting.
- Participate and lead key decisions as a member of the management team, while maintaining in-depth relationships with all members of the management team.
- Other duties as required
- Designation CA, CPA, CMA, CGA, CFA
- Construction/Manufacturing industry experience is required
- 5 - 10 + years’ experience acting in a Senior Leadership position leading a small to medium team
- Strong software skills including understanding of manufacturing-based ERP and project management software
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Accounting within the Cannabis industry experience
- Strong financial reporting abilities
- Some travel may be required
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
- Senior Leadership: 5 years (Required)
- CA,CPA,CMA,CGA,CFA (Required)