Millwright, Refrigeration Mechanic, HVAC mechanic
Job Function: Manufacturing/Maintenance
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-London-London Brewery
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Date: Mar 12, 2021
Salary: $32 - $38/hr
About the Company For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith’s, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt’s 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada’s most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We’re also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on industrial equipment in a production environment, which includes ammonia refrigeration, CO2 compression, Air compression and steam equipment.
- Work as part of a team to troubleshoot and repair equipment, including disassembling and reassembling machinery, overhauling pumps, valves, seals, etc.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program for plant equipment through the digital SAP system.
- Perform work in a manner consistent with plant safety, housekeeping standards, and quality checks.
- Be part of an effective work planning process that utilizes work orders, planners, and part staging.
- Assist in the design and implementation of modifications and capital projects.
- Train and mentor other Powerhouse employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Industrial Mechanic (Millwright), Refrigeration Mechanic or Air Conditioning Mechanic license.
- Any Class of Power Engineering certification would be an asset.
- Must be willing to obtain Power Engineering 3rd Class certification, within 2 years.
- Generally assigned to days but must be willing and able to work shift work, overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Carry on call phone alternating weeks.
- Proven mechanical and troubleshooting skills; Prefer 3 or more years experience with refrigeration. Ammonia experience an asset.
- Ability to set up and operate all machines common to the trade and ability to operate equipment including band saw, drill press, etc. Welding experience an asset
- Outstanding work ethic with exceptional discipline, attendance, and safety record
- Willingness to take initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- High energy and initiative, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer familiarity and capable of adapting to new computer programs
Accessibility: We are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience