About Jones Healthcare Group
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With over 100 years serving health and wellness markets, the privately held company is moving through an aggressive growth strategy with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its four business units—Cartons & Labels, Packaging Services, Canadian Pharmacy and Medication Adherence —and its three European subsidiaries Venalink UK, Venalink Spain, and MEDI-Clear, the company brings a unique expertise across health sectors to its customers. And, with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms, Jones puts consumer well-being first while responding to evolving market needs.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
Summary of position
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Cartons & Labels, the Master Scheduler is accountable for production planning for a custom manufacturing facility. Responsible for overseeing, executing and monitoring the daily schedules based on customer orders, this role will work with production leadership to schedule work, ensuring priorities and deadlines are achievable. Working closely with Supply Chain, the Master Scheduler will monitor inventory and materials to prevent shortages or delays in production.
If you love a challenging manufacturing environment and working collaboratively with operations and supply chain to exceed customer’s expectations then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited about organizing, planning and scheduling; getting all the puzzle pieces together and completing the puzzle then this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are a natural at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and making recommendations for continuous improvement in order to keep the production floor humming then you'll want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
- Lead the Planning Team
- Create and develop the weekly production forecast
- Establish detailed production plans and confirm material and resource availability
- Works closely with production, sales and customer service teams to plan, schedule and communicate status of customer requirements
- Collaborate with purchasing to ensure delivery/availability of raw material components as required
- Support new product introduction including material availability, production planning and post mortem analysis
- Develop, implement and manage performance metrics
- Participate as a key team member to consistently achieve improvements to on-time delivery performance
- Reviews capacity planning, resolves bottlenecks and constraints, as well as suggest process improvements
- Facilitate Production Tiered Meetings weekly
If you’ve got:
- Several years’ experience as a production planner with aspirations of becoming a master scheduler OR a few years of experience as a master scheduler and are interested in a change with a leading manufacturer
- A Materials Management Diploma and/or APIC’s CPIM certificate
- Experience with an ERP and JIT environment
- Good communications skills to work with colleagues in various departments in the company
- Strong organizational skills
- SAP experience would be an asset
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones Healthcare Group will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 1.800.265.9093 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.