Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Formet is one of the largest manufacturing employers in Southwestern Ontario producing body and chassis components for assembly plants across North America. Our 1.1 million square foot facility features industry-leading hydroforming, roll-forming, hot-stamping, robotic assembly and post-assembly coating processes. At Formet, we take care of each other and live by the motto “One Team. One Formet.”
This position is responsible for the preparation, communicating and monitoring of the division’s production and raw material schedules, schedule and coordinate shipments of production material inbound and/or outbound ensuring customer requirements and inventory policies are met. They are also responsible for the documentation and accuracy of the division’ in house inventory as well as monitoring inventory systems, driver training and bill of material maintenance.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent education.
- Must be enrolled in or have completed APICs courses or certification or post-secondary education in Materials Management, or have a minimum of 2 years in Logistics and Transportation coordination
- Experience working with a formalized MRPII or ERP system
- Previous experience in shipping and receiving preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem solving.
- Mathematical skills.
- Customer Specific Requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities Continued
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet’s Visions/Values through Magna’s Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Schedule and coordinate production material inbound and / or outbound.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in achieving goals.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with all production a support groups, including outside groups (transportation, custom brokers, customers and suppliers).
- Keep all team members informed of daily requirements; based on EDI information.
- Maintain accurate documentation of shipping, receiving and material handling related reporting activities as required.
- Create deliveries as required for customers and verify ASN processing.
- Track and monitor all returnable packaging; arrange for repair as required.
- Monitor and respond to all customer/carrier/broker websites as scheduled.
- Log, label, designate storage locations, contact Formet person responsible and arrange the delivery of all material received outside of production. (SMR, Prototype, unknown items).
Duties and Responsibilities Continued
- Maintain shunting services and control of material in trailers that have been shunted.
- Instruct and advise of shipping and receiving priorities and changes.
- Arrange all pick-ups and deliveries including expedites to determine carrier, times and the dock location that we will receive them on.
- Notify appropriate people of all status changes to schedule.
- Assist with resolving scheduling issues.
- Attend and participate in area meetings.
- Assist in the formation and revision of delivery performance guidelines.
- Maintain accurate documentation of delivery performance records and related activities.
- Assist in the formation and revision of operating policies for the area. Attend and participate in Team, Department and any other meetings required.
- Participate in departmental training and retraining on a regular basis.
- Maintain good housekeeping and participate in 5S initiatives.
- Complete Material Coordinator Position as outlined on Material Coordinator Job Description/ Standard work checklist.
- Train new Material Coordinators in essential duties and nuances of the position.
- Creating and scheduling all outbound Rail shipments.
- Act as Liaison between Formet Industries and contractors (ie. CANDO, Transport Companies).
- Update/Revise Work Instructions and procedures as required.
- Champion outside Frame Storage location, promote FIFO, inventory/equipment verification and audit.
- Participate in quoting new business opportunities as requested.
- Perform other duties as designated.
Shift: Rotating every 2 weeks between days, afternoons and nights
Equipment and/or Product
- Overtime after 40 hours per week.
- Shift premiums of $0.75/hour (afternoons) and $1.25/hour (nights)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH) + 2 half days.
- Medical and Dental Coverage.
- Plant wide Incentive Program – based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus, if requirements are met.
- Magna Profit Sharing.
- Matched GRRSP.
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage.
- Educational Assistance program.
- Subsidized Cafeteria.
- Work boot, safety glasses and custom molded earplug allowances.
- Weekly pay via direct deposit.
- Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use).
- Barbecues and Children’s Christmas Party.
- Roger’s cell phone plan available to Formet Team Members - $40.00 / month
- Employee discounts (new vehicle, amusement parks etc.)
- Standard office equipment.
Safety and Housekeeping
- Office and Manufacturing Environments
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
- Responsible to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the O.H.S.A.
- Follow and ensure the company’s procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the plant.
- Ensure that you work and operate equipment according to Formet’s safety rules and regulations.
- Active role in maintaining excellent housekeeping through leading by example.
- Ensure that your department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times.
- As with Safety, Security is everyone’s responsibility and Formet requires its employees to contribute to this activity by immediately notifying your supervisor when you identify security issues that affect the integrity of our supply chain, in accordance with PIP (Partners in Protection) and C-TPAT (Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) requirements.
Follow environmental protocol as prescribed by the Environmental Management System (EMS).
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
13--Materials Management F--Permanent/Regular