This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence Developer will be working primarily in SSIS, MSSQL, and reporting technologies such as PowerBI. Working closely with the Business Analysis team in conjunction with experienced technology leaders the Business Intelligence Developer will develop data warehouse, reporting and strategic reporting technologies to improve both internal and external data availability and knowledge. In addition, experience in any of the following business areas are a definite asset; customs brokerage, importing, exporting, logistics, supply chain systems.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Planning, designing, developing and assisting team members on the development and enhancement of business intelligence tools and technologies
- Work with Business Analysts, Developers and IT with pre-existing and new solutions.
- Design, improve and extend existing warehouse systems and data gathering processes to increase overall performance and user productivity
- Provide detailed feedback to team members when evaluating a problem, new feature or when completing development work.
- Contribute to a positive team environment to create, deliver and enhance solutions for our organization and our customers.
- Assist Development Team documenting existing solutions and new solutions as required.
- Perform other related duties and projects as required.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other comparable education in a related field and 2-5 years in business intelligence focused roles
- Extensive Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server (2016)
- Extensive Experience working with Microsoft SSIS technologies & SSRS
- Experience working with Power BI. Experience with Premium features is an asset
- Cube experience considered an asset
- Ability to work within a team environment to develop, implement and monitor complex warehouse, reporting and data related technologies
- Experience with any of the following an asset: GIT Source Control, SQL Performance Testing and Benchmarking, SQL server configurations, maintenance and in-depth performance investigations
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, and proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to apply outside-the-box thinking to common problems.
- Ability to work with other staff members to perform quality testing and analysis.
- Fluency in Spanish considered an asset.
- Ability to travel between Canada and the USA to other offices
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.