This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Maintenance Team Leader/ Leadhand 1
Job Number: 50462
Group: Cosma International
Division: PRESSTRAN INDUSTRIES - BLD1
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: ST. THOMAS
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Maintenance Lead Hand is responsible for co-ordinating and assigning activities related to maintenance operations and ensuring that all timing schedules and regulations of the trades are adhered to. The Lead Hand supports management and maintenance personnel by acting as liaison in matters regarding policy application, employee relations, and continuous improvement.
- Monitors and supports production schedule and adapts to any changes.
- Reviews concerns and problems from previous shifts.
- Instructs and organizes the department workforce for required daily activities.
- Ensure standardized work processes are being followed.
- Continually monitors production for breakdowns, or problems
- Follows and adheres to requirements of current customer quality and environmental management systems standards.
- First contact for production departments (i.e. Assembly, Stamping)).
- Organizes the department daily work flow to ensure activities, tasks and targets are being met.
- Ensures all WIG meetings are being attended.
- Orders materials required for repair, modifications, installation, and maintenance of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures.
- Assists with repair, modification, and installation activities with other maintenance personnel (when required).
- Knows daily OA and FTQ.
- Must have valid trades license.
- Equivalent to completion of specialized courses normally taught in community or specialized colleges consisting of more than 2 academic years.
- Participation in Presstran’s Leader In training program a definite asset.
- Able to understand, anticipate, follow and provide direction while exercising maturity of judgement.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact.
- Strong time management, leadership, communication, organizational and presentation skills.
- Must successfully complete required training provided by Presstran (i.e. the operation of cranes, lift trucks, aerial lift)
- Must be computer literate. (CMS, MRM, word-processing and spread sheet programs).
- Apply Magna Charter and How We Work Together Principles in day-to-day interactions.
- Physically capable of performing essential duties of the job.
- Able to work overtime to meet customer needs.
- Able to work all three shifts, as required.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Under the general direction of the Department Leader, the leadhand confers regularly with other Divisional personnel on matters related to maintenance operations. The incumbent requires excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal. The leadhand works in both office and plant environments and may be exposed to elements such as noise and temperature.
EQUIPMENT and/or PRODUCT FAMILIARITY:
Equipment: Various industrial machinery and equipment, various hand tools, aerial work platforms, cranes, forklifts, office equipment
Software: Maintenance Reliability Manager, CMS, spread-sheet programs
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.