WeedMD Inc. is the publicly traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. WeedMD also operates CX Industries Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc., from the Company’s fully licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. With the recent acquisition of Starseed Medicinal Inc., a medical-centric licensed holder with operations in Bowmanville, Ontario, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with other employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where its adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
Supervisors are responsible to plan the work, oversee its implementation, monitor, assign tasks, identify hazards and address health and safety concerns brought forward by workers to ensure workers' protection.
The Cultivation Supervisor is also responsible for the performance of specialized horticultural duties involved in the planning, preparation, oversight and maintenance of cannabis plant production. They will ensure adherence to applicable standard operating procedures of WeedMD Rx. Inc. at all times. They will effectively manage the activities of horticulture technicians by organizing and completing the required tasks within specified timelines.
- Manage the preparation of cultivation and planting of clones according to the master schedule and the direction of the Horticulture Manager
- Manage inventory of plants as per approved standard operating procedures, including Ample.
- Manage cultivation room supply inventory to ensure the timely and efficient completion of tasks
- Ensure all activities of plant maintenance are completed properly and within the required time frames, ie. pruning, harvesting, installing trellis, etc.
- Twice daily walk through and completion of the checklist (morning and afternoon)
- Monitor and report irrigation concerns
- Ensure plant debris is picked up and disposed of according to destruction protocol
- Identify and report room equipment malfunction, ie. Curtains, burnt out lightbulbs etc.
- Submit service requests for any equipment that appears to be malfunctioning, such as curtains, lights, hvac, fans etc.
- Ensure staff adhere to all policies, procedures and bio and security protocols and enforce these at all time
- Perform daily observation of plant health and report any immediate or apparent health concerns (mold/disease, insect, nutrient deficiencies)
- Coordinate work, monitor and evaluate performance of cultivation staff; ensuring the timely delivery of feedback and coaching to achieve optimal results and when necessary manage disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Monitor and manage employee’s attendance, including Dayforce payroll/timesheets.
- Take an active role in the hiring process and the training of new and existing employees.
- Perform curtain checks prior to plant ‘day time’ initiation.
- Complete required reports on cultivation activities at all stages of the growth cycle as per requirements – Record Productivity data by lot
- Obtain authorization from approved personnel prior to overriding any system automation.
- Coordinate with IPM supervisor for pesticide application.
- Coordinate with sanitation and other departments for cleaning and room maintenance to ensure the efficient turnaround and preparation of rooms for the next crop.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post secondary education in horticulture, agriculture or agri business program preferred.
- Experience in an agriculture manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in the cannabis industry an asset.
- Strong organizational skills including effective prioritization and follow-up
- Ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy
- Ability to supervise a team of individuals and address any areas of concern with respect to performance or processes
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to stay focused and complete monotonous or routine tasks.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to foster a healthy, productive work environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office suite.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and the ability to work in humid greenhouse conditions.
- Flexible working hours; weekdays, weekends, or afternoons depending on business schedule.
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- agriculture manufacturing environment : 1 year (Preferred)
- cannabis : 1 year (Preferred)