London Hospital Linen Service – London, Ontario
About London Hospital Linen Services
For more than 50 years, London Hospital Linen Service (LHLS) has supported the needs of hospitals, community healthcare clinics, and long-term care facilities in Southwestern Ontario. We are committed to bringing dignity, self-sufficiency, and good health to our community. With dedication, innovation, and attention to detail, our organization can make a meaningful impact on healthcare services.
What LHLS Has to Offer:
- Starting wages of $17.17 hourly, with a competitive incremental increase plan
- Afternoon shift premiums of $0.65 hourly + Department premiums of $0.50 hourly
- A full-time, permanent opportunity in an industry with excellent job security
- Health Benefits including dental, vision, pharmaceutical, and a paramedical coverage
- Employer-paid Pension Program
- One-on-one training program for new employees
- A diverse and inclusive work culture
- Annual Safety Shoe Allowance
- Overtime pay after 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week
- Competitive vacation package – 2-6 weeks of paid time off, based on years of service
- 2 extra half days off during the holiday season
- Career opportunities – We support our employee's professional development and continued growth
Come join our organization where you can feel valued for what you do and leave a meaningful impact on your community!
- Tuesday – Saturday schedule
- Tuesday – Friday (3:30PM – 12:00AM)
- Saturday (9:00AM – 5:30PM)
In-house, we call this department “Cart Make Up” because the position involves reviewing a customer order list, collecting the accurate amounts of inventory from the storage bays, and loading and prepping the carts for shipping. You must become familiar with all the linens. Picking orders could involve some basic math, and will require you to be continuously walking for an 8-10 hour shift.
- Load finished linen from conveyor belts into storage bays
- Review customer order sheeting
- Pick inventory from the storage bays and load them into carts
- Accurately count all inventory on customer carts
- Prepare carts for shipping
- Great track record of attendance
- Availability for full-time hours and mandatory overtime
- Ability to push linen carts, walk continuously for 8-10 shifts
- Basic mathematics (i.e. Subtraction and addition)
- 1-2 professional reference
- *No previous experience is required-- If you’re willing to learn, we’re willing to teach you
- Warehousing, Order Picking, basic Inventory Control, or Merchandising experience
If you’re interested in pursuing an Order Picking position with London Hospital Linen Services, please apply online today or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
London Hospital Linen Service is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. LHLS provides accommodation for persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Inquiries can be sent to d o h e r t email@example.com.