Job Number: 56555
Group: Cosma International
Division: Formet Industries
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: ST. THOMAS, ONTARIO, CA, N5P 4B4
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
A Technical Specialist who provides instruction, guidance and leadership to the Quality Assurance Test Lab, Hot Stamp and Heat Treat Teams. They will assist in solving day to day problems and advance planning, utilizing the Magna Employee Charter while implementing policies, procedures, and objectives of the company. They work diligently to ensure that Formet Industries is producing and shipping a quality product. They will directly support Continuous Improvement in Hot Stamping and Heat Treating Processes and change validation. This will be achieved by keeping up to date on new information and technologies and direct involvement in process development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in metallurgy / heat treat operations or as a combination of a minimum of 5 years formal metallurgical education and heat treat experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the Automotive Quality Field.
- Knowledge or background in IATF 16949, AIAG Core Tools.
- Knowledge or background in Customer Specific Process Requirements for Press Hardened Steel and Aluminum Aging Ovens including CQI-9, and other audits.
- Weekly pay via direct deposit
- Overtime (1.5x) after 44 hours worked
- Vacation entitlement
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 company paid holidays + 2x ½ days = 14 days annually
- Medical and Dental Benefits after 1 month of employment.
- Magna will contribute an amount equal to 3% of regular earnings every week to your retirement savings (MBC program)
- Profit sharing paid in the second quarter of every year (EEPPP Program)
- Matched GRRSP
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Safety Shoe annual allowance, prescription Safety Glasses annual allowance, Custom Molded Earplug allowance
- Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use).
- Company BBQ, Holiday Parties and Company Events
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Annual Employee Opinion Survey
- Magna Service Award Program
- Magna Scholarship Program
- Roger’s and Bell cellphone data plan available – as low as $40/month!
- Subsidized cafeteria
- Educational Assistance Program
- Jump Start Program for personal training - $300 benefit
- Employee Discounts: new vehicles, amusement parks, etc.
- Plant-Wide Continuous Improvement Program: 2021 bonus = $1860
- You get to work with a FANTASTIC Team!
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.