This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 11, 2020
|Public transit accessible:
Position Type: Full-time / Permanent
Location: London, Ontario
Date Posted: April 22, 2020
Experience: 5 years’ professional experience
Education: University Degree
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
We require a Financial Controller who will be responsible for:
- Responsible for overseeing the financial accounting and control system for the company, providing timely and accurate financial reporting, analysis, and advice to the senior leadership team.
- Leading the Bookkeeping Team by processing, reconciling, generating reports and any other activity related in order to ensure that all relevant financial management activity is processed.
- Production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records system, comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
- Act as the primary liaison with the external auditors and government agencies relating to financial reports, inquiries and audits.
Do you have?
- Establish and maintain a documented systems of accounting policies and procedures
- Review accounting transactions for accuracy
- Complete the company budget; proactively track & report against the budget.
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting
- Support annual auditor reviews
- Interface with external auditors
- Ensure preparation and timely compliance with Canadian tax requirements
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective.
- Responsible for interim financial reporting
- International currency/foreign exchange management
- Oversee the accounting/bookkeeping department
- Responsible for full-cycle accounting (payroll, AR, AP, expense management, reconcile company credit cards, issuing cheques).
- Ensure bank reconciliations are completed and reviewed for accuracy
- Liaison with HR for administration of payroll; ensure payroll costs accurately captured
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain a system of controls over the accounting transactions
- Other financial duties as assigned by the CEO
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
Successful candidate will also:
- University degree in a related field (business accounting, finance, economics, business administration)
- CPA is an asset
- 5 years’ professional experience required
- Experience with intercompany activities with a foreign parent an asset
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks and Sage software programs
- Understanding of health and safety procedures in a manufacturing environment
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply with your resume and cover letter at https://starlimna.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=66
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment. For assistance with accommodation issues regarding the submission of your resume please contact Starlim North America Human Resources.
- Be able to work as a part of a team, successfully communicating with employees, peers, management, suppliers and customers
- Be required to keep a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Have advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of an organization
- Have sound judgment, prioritization skills and the ability to make independent decisions is expected
- Be able to handle information with confidentiality and discretion
- Have strong project management skills
- Be an independent critical thinker who displays attention to detail
- Have a professional attitude and willingness to assume a variety of duties efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Work overtime as required