This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Supervisor, Canadian Operations
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to the Manager, Canadian Operations, this role holds responsibility for all of the day-to-day activities of the St. Thomas Operations team. The supervisor must be able to handle complex customs issues, scheduling and staffing as well as ensuring that all team members are aware of changes to regulations. The supervisor will act as a mentor for the team leaders and provide the highest level of customer service to our clients.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package, and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Preparation of Customs and internal documents when required
- Assist Customs Account Analysts in tariff classification and research
- Maintenance of client database to include tariff, vendors, FTA’s etc.
- Assist in staff training, ensuring that all staff have access to company-wide and department specific training
- Responsible for workload management and determining optimum staffing levels
- Account designation in consultation with the Manager, Canadian Operations
- Responsible for staff scheduling, attendance, time off requests and review any issues with Manager, Canadian Operations
- Support sales and service department on transactions, volumes, and rates
- Solid understanding of the SWI PGA’s
- Provide coaching to the Team Leaders, and other staff as required/needed
- Providing input and working in conjunction with BA for process/procedure/system changes/upgrades including UAT testing including TAP monitoring
- Maintains the service and accuracy of assigned accounts
- Responsible for meeting Dept. KPI’s, performance reviews and staff goals
- Refine, develop, and implement written work instructions per operation/client
- Identify and implement cost reductions/efficiencies
- Travel to other Buckland locations as required
- Provide afterhours support as required either on site or by on call through company cell phone
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Experience and demonstrated ability to lead a team of customs analysts
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- CSCB Customs Certified Specialist Designation
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum of 5 years customs experience or equivalent industry related experience
- Excellent problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Self-Motivated with good organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong technical knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Schedules and Explanatory Notes
- Strong understanding of customs and other PGA regulations
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department