Accounting & Reporting Costing Analyst
Date posted 05/14/2021
Location : London, Canada
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Accounting and Reporting Costing Analyst will provide timely and relevant financial reports and insight by acting as the finance business partner to both management and operational teams of the plant. In this role, you will work closely with different stakeholders to ensure results are timely, qualitative, analyzed and understood. You will provide essential partnership in the business decision process by providing continuous improvement of financial reporting best practices.
- Provide finance business partnership for the local site management team by understanding and supporting the local business challenges, risks and strategies.
- Manage cost accounting and controlling processes and analyze the monthly manufacturing cost and plant performance.
- Control and analyze the monthly stock valuation and yield process prepared by the operations analyst.
- Control the flow of goods and communicate the outcomes of the production process to relevant stakeholders.
- Control all deliveries and ensure receipt of raw materials are invoiced, received, weighing checks performed, procedures around product controls functioning and all reclassifications of stocks are reviewed.
- Foster continuous improvement in the finance team, challenging status quo and play a leading role in increasing effectiveness and efficiency of our wider finance team.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Accounting) or equivalent experience
- Experience with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) reporting
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Availability to work remotely (when required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Experience working with enterprise resource planning tools
- Experience in capital management
- Experience with variance analysis statistical tools
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with standard costing
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.