WeedMD Inc. is the publicly traded parent company of WeedMD RX Inc. and Starseed Medicinal Inc., federally licensed producers of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, Ontario as well as CX Industries Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary, which specializes in cannabis extraction from the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario processing facility. With the addition of Starseed, a medical-centric operator based in Bowmanville, Ontario, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with other employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships in the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
This position will be responsible for development, maintenance and tracking of production schedules from harvesting of cannabis through to finished shipment to customer/client. The incumbent will track and trend all daily production activities to forecast scheduling of packaging processes and will schedule to meet the needs of sales for both medical and adult use products. This position may be responsible for logistics / transfers of bulk, semi-finished and finished goods from multiple locations within the company and/or to provincial customers.
- Create, maintain production packaging schedule to sustain consistent operations to meet forecasted and current sales orders
- Arrange for logistics deliveries of transfers between sites and finished goods to provincial customers using inhouse or 3rd party logistics suppliers
- Issue and allocate materials into Sage Work Orders and provide allocated work orders to production to execute against schedule
- Communicate with procurement / purchasing departments to ensure supply of consumable goods is provided to execute against forecasted schedule
- Communicate with Quality Assurance department to ensure forecasted items are approved and released for processing, packaging and/or sale prior to allocation into the schedule or work orders
- Communication with cultivation including daily updates on progress of harvests, trimming, etc to know what product will be ready for next steps & when
- Communication with sales on what will be allocated for current & future lots to allocate into production schedules appropriately
- Arrangement of Steris bookings & 3Sixty transportation & RPIC coverage for irradiation of product ready after trimming.
- Communication with Sales on obtaining POs, verbal allocations of product against an upcoming PO to know how much of each lot to excise stamp against that province.
- Review weekly sales reports on medical stores to identify when more medical product needs to be packaged, or labeled, released by QA.
- Balance the production schedule to ensure equipment needs are met between multiple locations & rooms
- Ordering and follow up on all issued purchase orders for labels from 3rd party suppliers
- Communication nightly to senior leadership team on execution completion of daily production schedule
- Complete all packing slips and Bill of Ladings for provincial shipments and verification of completed packing slips prior to shipment
- Timely updates/ communications with Production Supervisors and Cultivation Management to ensure execution of current and forecasted schedules.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in Supply Chain, Logistics & Scheduling
- Minimum 2 years of progressive management experience
- Experience in Cannabis Industry is recommended
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field an asset; or combination of education and experience.
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supply Chain, Logistics and Scheduling: 5 years (Required)