This Position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
At Pactiv Evergreen, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements, and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems associated with all equipment in a manufacturing environment. Directly responsible for, installation, maintenance & repair of all equipment concerned with plant operation, services & buildings including storage & inventory of spare parts. Uses basic hand and specialty tools for repair equipment in accordance with established safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Reads blueprints & wiring diagrams for the installation & repair of equipment and the building.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble. Disassembles, repairs/replaces parts and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
- Develops simple types of experimental & operating equipment.
- Cleans, lubricates & adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- Uses precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments.
- Inspects and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication and power circuits.
- Performs electrical repairs on machines.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or growler, and when necessary assist the electrician on repair/replacement of defective parts.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Requisitions new parts and equipment utilizing OEM manuals.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area throughout the shift.
- Utilizes provided computer maintenance software.
- Performs carpenter, plumbing, and painter related work.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- Repair parts that require minor machine work & welding. Uses gas & electric welding equipment.
- Has operating knowledge of all production & service equipment.
- Performs plant shutdown/start up in accordance with the outlined procedures.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school education or G.E.D. Must possess an Industrial Millwright license with a 442A designation Must take & pass (within allowable limits) a mechanical & electrical aptitude questionnaire. Previous related experience is mandatory.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic mathematical ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit numbers including fractions. Ability to perform these operations using units of both Canadian and American weight, measurement, and volume.
MECHANICAL SKILLS: 1-2 yeers of knowledge of equipment and aptitude for understanding mechanical systems through formal training and/or education. Be able to perform repairs (including minor electrical). Uses and/or make special attachments when necessary. Certified in fall arrest and the operation of a scissor lift. Trained in lock out/tag and arc flash safety out procedures.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to express through verbal or visual aid and able to write numbers and time in clear, understandable messages. Must be able to read, write & understand basic English. Able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers & management and deal effectively & professionally.
REASONING ABILITIY: Job requires making decisions based on established guidelines regarding running or shutting down on defective work and operational problems/difficulties of all kinds. Plans repair procedures for most efficient accomplishment of job at hand. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry but detailed and simple written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Uses high degree of ingenuity in solving all types of maintenance problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up to 12-hour/day shift schedule.
- Required to stand & walk continually.
- Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally will lift & carry up to 50 pounds and occasional assisted lifting & carrying up to 100 pounds using safe methods (mechanical assistance).
- Frequent pushing/pulling up to 40 pounds.
- Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling & reaching.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works in a common area shared with others with no division of space.
- The noise level in the work environment can be above 92 db.
- Dust from paper converting process may be present.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts and lift trucks.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or vapors from materials such as degreasers .
- Wear all PPE’s as provided
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the "EEO is The Law" poster.
Please click here to view the "EEO is The Law" poster supplement. Please click here to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered.