Sr. Technician, Turret Technician
This is a permanent full-time salaried role involving extensive travel and long-term international assignments. The successful candidate will initially be deployed on a one year unaccompanied assignment in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Company will not support the entry or stay of a spouse, dependents or visitors. The position includes suitable, furnished living accommodations and transportation.
- Perform incoming and outgoing inspection on Family of Light Armoured Vehicles (FOLAV) turrets
- Operate FOLAV turrets
- Provide advice and guidance to customer on turret maintenance issues and repair procedures.
- Provide technical, test and repair support
- Conduct retrofits and upgrades on FOLAV turrets
- Maintain safe work practices
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project budgets and project status
- Travel to and live in Saudi Arabia
- College diploma, in a mechanical/electrical discipline, and/or previous Military experience in turret maintenance and support of direct and indirect fire weapons systems
- Minimum 3 – 5 years relevant experience
- Familiar with FOLAV turret maintenance and processes
- Military Fire Control Systems (FCS) or Weapons Technician qualification QL5 or above
- Strong ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Strong communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to perform well in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience working with teams and/or customers
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Canadian Firearms Restricted Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)
- Capable of meeting physical demands of the job and Anthropometric Size Requirements for confined space
- Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions
- Ability to travel and possess/be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport, obtain a Saudi work visa and relocate to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for an extended period
- Truck, coach or automotive interprovincial certification, or equivalent work experience
- Valid Driver’s license and ability to qualify for DZ license or equivalent
- Strong technical, analytical and decision making skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with PC applications, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes, Teamcenter
- Valid secret level security clearance
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.