Project Management Specialist
Specialist, Project Management - Latin America
Key Job Elements:
- Provide direct support to CSS Project Management Area Manager
- Provide support to management of CSS Program Contract Deliverables to include ensuring adherence to contractual schedules, deliverable planning and development leadership, and detailed review
- Conduct detailed monitoring of all Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and scheduling for CSS Elements, initiate Baseline Change Request (BCR) and schedule adjustments as necessary to address and prevent EVMS variance scenarios
- Provide tracking of Contractor Acquired Property within CSS
- Provide indirect support to Program Launch and Production Launch Teams
- Provide Status and Metrics Reporting information for CSS Elements
- Conduct the coordination of CSS Input, prepare and conduct CSS relevant presentations to Program Reviews, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Management Team Meetings and other senior leadership briefings and presentations as required
- Conduct the development, staffing and presentations related to required CSS efforts for Contract Change Proposals (CCPs) and related Bid and Proposal (B&P) requirements
- University degree or College diploma
- Minimum 1 to 2 years Program or Project Management experience, ideally in a defence contract or military support environment
- Experience working with teams and/or customers
- Strong communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated strength in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel (5% Canadian, 5% US & Int'l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Working knowledge of Light Armoured Vehicle (LAV) Systems and Support/Sustainment of LAV Systems
- Basic knowledge of Earned Value Management
Physical Conditions and Hazards:
The conditions in which an individual or staff works, including but not limited to such things as amenities, physical environment, stress and noise levels, degree of safety or danger, temperature, location.
1) Physical Environment: Office
2) Hazards: NA
Physical Demands Description:
This section objectively captures and describes the physical demands that are required to perform a particular job or role. Usually completed by the ergonomist
Usual mobility demands required are standing, walking, sitting, and stair climbing to access upper offices.
This section describes the type of equipment an employee is required to use:
May include: Anthropometrical Size Restrictions depending on task
Personal Protective Equipment:
Applicable when interacting with shop floor (safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection. extraction coveralls)
General Dynamics Land Systems–Canada is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our employees. We welcome and encourage applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous Persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or expression.
If you require an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Contact londonHR@gdls.com if you need accommodation.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.