This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 20, 2022
Technical Support Specialist
About the job
At Trojan Technologies, we believe there’s nothing more essential than delivering clean water to the world. That’s especially true in this critical moment, when the world’s supply of clean water is under substantial stress due to industrialization, increasing demand, and rising biological and chemical contamination. Our mission is to stem that tide: to ensure greater water confidence and environmental stewardship for people, industries, and municipalities, improving the lives of over one billion people globally.
As part of our global team, you’ll work alongside customers from municipalities to pharmaceutical and food and beverage companies to build creative, sustainable solutions. You’ll also find a welcoming and supportive team that listens to your ideas and allows you to follow your strengths. All of us feel privileged to work on innovative technologies that bring clean water to the world—we hope you will, too.
Trojan is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, we’re working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
About the role:
Beginner to intermediate level technical support position, bringing related work and academic experience to the role. The incumbent is in pursuit of being the resident authority on Trojan products for plant operators, field service personnel, and the service provider network. This is a customer facing role, requiring significant interaction via phone and email. The ability to provide eloquent written and verbal communication is a requirement. This position will serve as an authority for a broad range of Trojan systems, engaging with internal resources for engineering changes, product development, and training.
This role is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part-time at the company location and part-time remotely from your home.
Are you qualified:
- Provide identification, diagnosis, and resolution information to both internal and external customers of technical issues, ranging from routine to sophisticated
- Applies standard problem-solving techniques, using a clear and logical approach
- Ability to exercise judgment in situations requiring critical issue
- Follows standard service processes and applies service tools and software
- Detailed documentation of work performed for supervising trends in customer defects, and building a knowledge base of troubleshooting steps
- Develop technical understanding of Trojan product and serve as a technical resource
- Apply existing product/industry/academic knowledge where possible
- Develop municipal water industry process knowledge for increased ability to provide accurate solutions
- When required, supports equipment start-up under the supervision of a Certified Trojan Technician
- Provide efficient, courteous customer support when faced with ambitious personalities and dissatisfied customers
- Collaborate with Parts Sales, Service Operations, Field Service, and other related departments
- Develop effective working relationships in the field with customer personnel, contractors, and Service providers
- Interpret and explain technical information to customers at all levels of understanding and experience
- Rotation based afterhours and weekend phone support of customers (25% of the time)
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills across multiple functions
- Familiarity with electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical principles preferred
- Familiarity with water treatment processes preferred
- Preference given to an electrical / electronic academic background
- Strong hands-on, technical skills and problem-solving skills
- Experience in taking care of technical issues in a customer service setting considered an asset
- Independent learner, innovative with a drive for continuous improvement
- Organization and project management skills, efficiently balances multiple priorities
- Ability to travel internationally approximately 5-10% of the time
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.