Product Engineering, E.I.T. (Engineer In Training)
Reporting to the Director of Engineering and Maintenance, the Product Engineering, EIT (Engineer in Training) will be responsible for developing specification sheets for new products, verifying accuracy of the specifications, assisting with equipment qualifications and assisting with the procurement of equipment
· Developing Specification Sheets for new products by working with Brands Team
· Verifying accuracy of the information on the specification sheets
· Packaging assessments (fit testing, print testing)
· Development of documentation related to packaging or processes; Reference, SOP’s, Work flows
· Working with members of the engineering team to develop new processes or improve existing processes
· Sourcing of new or net-new equipment for the facility
· Collection and analysis of data for existing processes
· Provide engineering support to other work groups within Motif
· Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
· This is an onsite role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing
- 1-3 years’ experience in an engineering capacity
- Experience within cannabis industry an asset
- Experience within GMP or GPP facilities an asset
· Working towards P.Eng. designation
· Strong verbal and written skills. Must be able to present ideas and solutions in a clear, concise manner.
· Strong time management with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time with several stakeholders in fast paced environment
· 1-2 yrs experience defining user requirements and translating information between technical and non-technical personnel
· CAD experience an asset (plant layout/floor planning, 2D)
· MS Office /Google suite
NOTE: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and provide a copy for employment at Motif. We thank all interested candidates. Only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca to be considered.
WORKING CONDITIONS (ON SITE):
This role is performed on site at our production facility in Aylmer, Ontario
and Motif provides all required PPE and has continued manufacturing safety protocols: a well-fitted mask must be worn at all times while indoors and staff are to remain 2M+ apart unless otherwise communicated.