This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 18, 2022
Great Lakes Copper Ltd., a Company of Mueller Streamline, has an opportunity for a Financial Accounting Supervisor to join our team.
Great Lakes Copper is a fully integrated copper tube mill producing a broad assortment of high-quality products, with particular strength in the large OD copper tube market, selling in both Canada and the States. We are based out of London, Ontario and have enjoyed servicing our clients for over 60 years. Great Lakes Copper Ltd. is the only fully integrated copper tube mill in Canada. We have a team to be proud of; a collaborative and productive community that also assists within our greater community.
Our 200k square foot manufacturing facility includes casting, extrusion, drawing, heat treatment, finishing, assembly and plastic extrusion operations. Our operations also include a 73k square foot distribution and light assembly operation in St. Thomas, Ontario. We have a solid track record and look forward to continued success.
Position: Senior Accountant
Purpose: Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, our Accountant manages the financial reporting requirements, budgeting and the associated record keeping. This position may also supervise the payroll administrator.
- A great team environment – where people work collaboratively with one another.
- A world class Profit-Sharing Pension Plan – participation starts at 3 months!
- Competitive wages
- A comprehensive medical, dental and insurance package
- Available immediately!
- Company pays full premiums
- Family and Employee Assistance Program through a leading provider
- Educational Reimbursement Programs
- Social activities
- An opportunity to be part of a successful team, where people add value and are valued.
- The chance to continue to grow and develop further.
- As a member of a solid Finance team, the Accountant provides back up support to the Financial Accounting Supervisor and Payroll Administrator.
- Plans and implements the preparation of the annual budget and establishes MOH rates used for inventory standard costing – wage and benefits, capital depreciation, overall account reviews, and Solarsoft uploads.
- Directs the preparation of weekly Accounts Receivable overdue account analysis and participates in weekly accounts receivable overdue account analysis.
- Maintains MRO reporting, related analysis and adjustment.
- Assists with the physical verification of MRPO inventory and annual Std Cost Roll. BOM and Buy/Sell/valves and fittings.
- Maintains fixed asset ledger and related analysis and adjustments as well as performing physical verification of assets. Responsible for BNA software usage, prints / downloads applicable information to record journal entries in Solarsoft.
- Maintains project numbers and capital project detail and reporting.
- Maintains customer volume rebate calculations and journal entries/ monthly sales commission entries.
- Completed monthly journal entries and results reporting as required by plant and corporate, using the month end checklist and reconciliation book as a guide.
- Prepares and maintains the calculation of the monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date actual hours worked, paid and wages earned for the safety ‘injury rate’.
- Assist with various accounting and administrative functions of the London Operations Profit Sharing Retirement Plan ( PSRP). Prepares and maintains employee and employer contributions for upload to Manulife. Maintains monthly reconciliations to Manulife statements and nay pension plan requirements. Assists with the final company contribution calculations, annual working papers and audit requirements. Appointed member of the PSRP Committee; serving as Chairperson . In this capacity provides assistance to the HR Manager with organizing meetings.
- Maintains group insurance employee benefits , analysis and journal entries.
- Custodian of petty cash
- Maintains documented operating procedures and ensure sox compliance.
- Implements or assists in the timely dispatch of the Company’s legal, audit and governmental filing and reporting obligations.
- Modelling and adhering to safe work practices and policies.
- Contributes positively and collaboratively with the finance team and broader team of GLC employees as necessary, ringing forth ideas for continuous improvement, as appropriate.
- Ensure SOX compliance
Interested and qualified? We encourage you to apply by forwarding your resume to HR@glcopper.com, with the position title in the subject line. We appreciate all interest however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Accounting designation with at least 3 years of progressive accounting and finance experience
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is ideal
- Advanced level of Excel skills preferred
- Experience working with a MRP system.
- Quick learner with proven analytical ability
- Seasoned communication skills ( Verbal, written and listening)
- Professional and trustworthy
- A collaborative team-player with a tactful and positive demeanor
- Able to manage a heavy workload and meet deadlines
- Supervision experience is as asset but not required.
- Demonstrated adaptability and willingness to adjust priorities
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request during the interview process. To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please email Suzanne.Jaekel@glcopper.com or call (519)455-0770, ext. 285.