This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Controller will manage the activities of a small business development office and to provide commercial support to the global finance team as required.
• Accounting functions: basic monthly financial statement reporting, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, monthly cross charging/invoicing Canada for charges incurred
•Cash flow: Responsible for cash flow forecast and to submit disbursement and funding requests
•Budgeting: Submit annual travel and professional fees budget
•Government Reporting: Support Monthly VAT reporting and annual tax return preparation. Other filings as required (import/export report, company survey data etc.)
•Office Administration: Assist with employees’ travel plans and expense reporting/reimbursement in accordance with corporate policies. Manage company cell phones, car leases, office contracts and other office related issues as they arise.
•HR/Payroll: Provide information required to ensure timely processing of month payroll as well as annual calculation of the statutory employee insurance (VBG) and statutory pension and social insurance.
•Commercial Issues Support: Assist global finance team with EU logistics issues including importing into Germany from outside the EU. Also, act as a liaise between foreign operations and German customers and assist with invoicing, PO or collection issues. Support the global business development team with other issues or special projects as they arise.
•Facilitate communication, change, and progress: Liaison with internal/external employees, members of global finance team, outside customers, corporate officers, other companies and government officials. Assist with document filing and organization.
• Other duties as required, including special projects as they arise
• Must be fluent in English and German.
• Ability to cope with multiple priorities and organize work to ensure timely, accurate completion of tasks necessary to fulfill team and company goals.
• Work independently, with a sense of urgency, and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proven interpersonal, written, negotiation, team problem solving, organizational time management and verbal skills.
• Knowledge of accounting and German statutory requirements and regulations.
• Basic knowledge of EU import/export rules an asset.
• Basic German tax knowledge.
• Must have strong computer skills.
• Knowledge and adherence to relevant procedures and legislation.
All positions at Meridian Lightweight Technologies Inc support the safe production of quality magnesium castings. Meridian Lightweight Technologies is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
We thank all those interested in the position however only those applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.