Senior Electrical Designer
Trojan UV designs and manufactures pressurized and open-channel UV disinfection systems for municipal wastewater and drinking water, as well as UV-oxidation systems for environmental contaminant treatment and potable and nonpotable reuse applications. We have the largest municipal UV installation base in the world and are proud to play an important role in continually advancing UV disinfection technology. Within Danaher, TrojanUV is part of Trojan Technologies which in turn is part of the Water platform group of businesses. Through strong customer partnerships, the water platform advances the quality and delivery of water. Want to help us in this mission?
Senior level Electrical designer who performs a variety of moderately to highly complex technical tasks under a limited degree of supervision.
- Develop, analyze, and implement innovative, cost effective project custom design solutions for UV disinfection equipment
- Carry out assignments of substantial variety and/or complexity requiring a sound understanding of related engineering or scientific theory, principles and practices
- Produce / review project custom design drawings / documentation
- Design areas include creation of electrical schematics, PID drawings, BOMs for industrial control panels and electrical systems for use on products installed in Municipal water treatment facilities.
- Have or develop a good working knowledge of UL, CE and IEC standards
- Participate in testing and field verification
- Provide technical support to Sales team and Review of Project contract specifications
- Implement final design through the organization, working with other functional areas such as Manufacturing Operations and Service.
- Act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience; provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members.
- Follow Trojan Technologies processes and standard practices
- Provide solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or occurring infrequently based on precedents, procedures, or design experience
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors:
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive member of a team
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent documentation skills – ability to maintain a clear design file
- Able to use initiative and good judgment in the application of standard procedures
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and meet strict time lines
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks and prioritize requests
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering program
- Minimum 7 years of proven working knowledge and experience of electrical control panel design
- Proficient in using AutoCAD software and Microsoft Office; Strong in computer skills
- Solidwork Electrical experience preferred
- Willing to travel (if required)
- Sound knowledge of electrical safety and good safety record required
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.