About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defence industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. In addition to winning Canadian Defence reviews award in 2016 for best Canadian defence company, GDLS-C offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for employees. General Dynamics is recognized as #13 in Forbes top 300 Canadian employers.
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve, drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
About the Opportunity
Our company is seeking an financial analyst to be a part of our Finance team. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable working in a team environment, has the ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. Your duties will also include:
- Site lead for the payroll and benefits accounting and financial reporting at GDLS-Canada
- Responsible for monthly accounting journals for all payroll and benefit-related amounts
- Analyze account balances, and prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Monitor required funding levels of pension plans; co-ordinate contribution payments with treasury
- Preparation of annual Pension Financial Statements including lead on audit
- Maintain appropriate risk mitigation procedures to address pension governance requirements
- Support business planning and budget process for employee benefit-related costs
- Responsible for processing and recording outgoing intercompany invoices
- Support internal and external audits; compile data and provide supporting documentation
- Prepare / assist with ad-hoc financial reporting
- Non-routine tasks may include analysis / reconciliation projects
- University degree and/or college diploma in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or in progress
- Minimum 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with financials in an ERP system environment
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects at the same time
- University degree
- Strong MS Office skills, including MS Excel
- Oracle experience
At GDLS-C, you'll be welcomed into a tight-knit and social team with an excellent health and safety record. As a Fortune 500 company, you'll also gain valuable industry experience and have opportunities to take your career to new heights.
At GDLS-C we offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
If you are looking for that next dynamic finance opportunity and looking to take the next step in your career - apply to join the General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada team today!
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.