Supervisor, Shipping and Receiving
Indeed's salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $45.9K–$58.1K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for this role in Aylmer, ON.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
Entourage Health Corp. is the publicly traded parent company of Entourage Brands Corp. (formerly WeedMD RX Inc.) and CannTx Life Sciences Inc., licence holders producing and distributing cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse and processing facility located in Strathroy, ON; a fully licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, ON processing facility, specializing in cannabis extraction; and a micropropagation, tissue culture and genetics centre-of-excellence in Guelph, Ontario. With the addition of Starseed Medicinal, a medical-centric brand, Entourage has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with employers and union groups complements Entourage’s direct sales to medical patients.
Entourage’s elite adult-use product portfolio includes Color Cannabis, Saturday Cannabis and Royal City Cannabis Co. – sold across eight provincial distribution agencies. The Company also maintains strategic relationships in the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart. It is the exclusive Canadian producer and distributor of award-winning U.S.-based wellness brand Mary’s Medicinals sold in both medical and adult-use channels. Under a collaboration with The Boston Beer Company subsidiary, Entourage is also the exclusive distributor of cannabis-infused beverages in Canada, expected to launch in 2022. At Entourage Health our community efforts are put towards creating a space where everyone feels supported. We are cultural representatives of our people and our communities. We are focused on using inclusive language, promoting equality and fostering allyship in everything we do.
This is a hands-on role to manage, prepare, maximize and track all shipping and receiving functions. Supervisor, Shipping and Receiving will be accountable for assigning shipping schedules, maximizing shipping density, on time departures, accurate paperwork, managing shipping and receiving functions along with triaging of received material.
· Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy and completeness of shipments
· Coordinates with the production planner, production supervisors and other personnel to meet plant objectives
· Provides on the floor leadership and supervision, training in SOP’s, scheduling, and guidance to shipping/ receiving employees
· Fosters positive working relationships. Responds proactively to performance concerns, discipline, employee complaints, and other employee relations matters
· Plans, organizes, and supervises the shipping function, ensuring timely and efficient delivery of finished goods to the end customer
· Create and reconcile all receiving and delivery transactions in Sage and all required documents associated with each shipment to required standards
· Is backup to the Logistics Coordinator and helps determines method of shipment and books appointments within a defined list of carriers, prepares bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents. Creates and hands off complete and appropriate documentation to all parties including drivers
· Ensures that the team complies with plant health and safety requirements and ensures proper methods and standard operating procedures are followed to meet quality, safety, environment standards
· Conducts and organizes daily inventory counts as required and be responsible for accuracy of inventory and security of it
· Supervises, trains and reviews performance of shipping/receiving and inventory staff
· Ensures compliance with regulatory programs and customers regarding the classification of incoming material, standard tare weights, scale calibration and verification, the use of proper codes and ERP system to track and confirm weights, etc.
· Recommends measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum 3 years’ progressive experience in Shipping & Receiving and/or inventory control, ideally in a highly regulated or CPG environment of which at least 2 years spent supervising a team
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines and multiple priorities, can work on different shifts if required.
· Strong team player and works in unison with the other departments team members to achieve corporate goals
· Experience using Sage or an ERP system and MS Office
· Highly detail oriented and ensures accuracy of data and shipping paperwork
· Demonstrated aptitude and ability to understand and comply with Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG) requirements and documentation regulations including interprovincial and intraprovincial
· Must be a self-starter with effective planning and organizing skills to manage priorities and complete tasks efficiently and effectively
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others and communicate clearly (verbal and written)
· Valid forklift license considered an asset
Entourage Health thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Entourage Health will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. Entourage Health will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
Entourage Health is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program