This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St Thomas, ON
||Feb 25, 2022
Manufacturing Controls Technologist
We are hiring Manufacturing Controls Technologist Afternoon Shift in our St. Thomas, ON location!
The Manufacturing Controls Technologist’s primary responsibility is the maintenance and reliability of production equipment as well as development and commissioning of automation projects within manufacturing from initial concept to installation. This position will be working on the afternoon shift.
Afternoon Shift – Monday to Thursday, 3:30pm – 1:30am
What’s in it for You?
What You Will Do
- Competitive salary
- Employee benefits program, deferred profit-sharing plan and optional pension program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program, Employee Store and Dell Discount Program
- Opportunities for community contributions and volunteering
- Fast paced work environment
- Opportunity to work in a growing company and industry
Who You Are
- Work within the maintenance department fixing and finding solutions to breakdowns and performing preventative maintenance tasks.
- Lead electricians is troubleshooting sophisticated automated equipment.
- Design of electrical systems and automation using components specified by the customer.
- Coordinate all aspects of Projects: Design, Design Reviews, BOM’s, Costing, Project Timeline, Build, Startup and Signoff
- Knowledge of common manufacturing practices required.
- Maintain all automated systems including robots, CNC, conveyor, etc.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes through investigations of issues; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; connecting with equipment vendors. Direct and coordinate electrical planning and implementation ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, and work order requirements
- PLC, Robot and CNC programming or editing the existing programs as per production request.
- Expert knowledge in RS 500, RS 5000 required.
- Fanuc robot programming is preferred.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by crafting testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides day to day support to operations through the Process Problem Solving System and Daily Management.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating with maintenance; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Develop operator work instructions and assist in training.
- Support PPAP runs and submissions.
- Build designs and RFQ based on capacity planning and cost reduction targets.
- Commission automation projects as needed.
- Drive long term problem solving through the implementation of CI (Glass House) projects.
- Support setup reduction requests from operations.
- Support requests from operations to improve lean manufacturing in areas.
- Facilitate waste reduction initiatives as an SME in QCO, EP, Std Work, and PPS.
- Assist in the creation of PFMEA, Control Plans, and other APQP / Stage Gate related tasks.
- Coordinate prototype and production runs through new program launches.
Masco Canada (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
- At least 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience in a lean manufacturing environment preferred
- Work related project management experience
- Knowledge is RS 500 and RS 5000 software. (2000 hours +)
- Experience in crafting PLC programs from concept to completion.
- Fanuc robotics programming is preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Consistent track record in leading multi-functional teams
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- PLC knowledge and programming required
- Experience with pneumatics and hydraulics would be an asset
- CAD and modelling experience is a plus
- Read & build electrical drawings
- Possess a Bachelor' degree in Electrical Engineering or Electromechanical Engineering Technician diploma or Equivalent