Supervisor, Weld Production and Inspection
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
This position will support the afternoon (2nd) shift.
- This is a combined role managing both Weld Production and Quality Weld Inspection direct labor
- Supervise Unionized manufacturing employees
- Provide support, direction and development of employees
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results
- Implement/manage GDLS-C policies and procedures
- Understand and manage labor union Collective Agreement
- Manage departmental budgets, headcount, expenses and HPUs
- Resolve Quality and Manufacturing related issues with both internal and external customers
- Ensure Product compliance to quality requirements through management of a robust inspection process
- Implement any corrective action for inspection identified through compliance audits
- Lead personnel in reduction of Non-Conformances and weld escapes
- Support Continuous Improvement objectives – Safety, Quality, Schedule, Cost
- Support WSBM Initiatives
- University degree/College diploma
- Working knowledge of AWS and GDLS-C Weld Acceptance criteria
- Working knowledge of Non-Destructive Testing - Method liquid penetrant inspection
- Familiar with GDLS-C Product Assurance Directives and Procedures
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Highly effective planning, analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interpret Specifications and Technical Data Drawings including GD&T
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office applications
- Ability to work multiple shifts
- Previous supervisory experience in a unionized / manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of TIPQA and Teamcenter Engineering
- CSAW 178.2 Welding inspector Level I or equivalent
- Red Seal weld certificate
- CWB certified weld supervisor
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.