Electrical Supervisor (309A) Industrial Automation
Lead a group of Electrical builders to perform machine electrical builds, while supporting other groups, and growing the capabilities of the electrical build group and BOS.
- Lead electrical build group by holding both leadership responsibilities and technical hands on responsibilities
- Builder of quality electrical systems for machines
- Develop Standards/Methods/Processes to be used within the greater manufacturing team to achieve department goals
- Develop and maintain tools/instruments/software/supplies and develop systems to manage them.
- Communicate with other leads to ensure consistency and alignment of scope, schedule, and sequencing of activities
- Collaborate with the build group leads for the scheduling of all infrastructure on the machines required for the Group
- Maintain awareness to status, location, and timing of purchased components for all projects assigned to Group
- Ensure PO’s are in place for Contractors and materials before they arrive onsite.
- Ensure that team members are actively participating in whiteboard meetings and that project leads are presenting their status/issues list, following the white board process
- Meet weekly with all Department leads and Manager to discuss scheduling, workload, and group systems/processes
- Meet once a month with all BOS Group Leads to review/discuss where we are at, what is working, issues/roadblocks of group, structure (is it working), where we are headed, suggestions for improvement, etc.
- Approve and adjust budget for the build operations and purchases portion of projects, following budget adjustment process
- Understand project scope & customer specifications
- Involved as a SME with the Apps team to assist in the solution preparation and technical support.
- Team member of the kickoff team, inputs to budget, and provides insights regarding resources and ongoing costs
- Follow Systems engineering lead on identified design risks, to ensure required mitigation is implemented
- Materials Purchasing for projects being built, following the purchasing process
- Track lessons learned and SRED notes
- Project checklists are completed and accurate
- Cleanliness and organization of physical workspace
- Licensed 309A Electrician with 5+ years’ experience leading/supervising a team
- Minimum 1-year experience in electrical wiring of automated machines/weld cells
- Experience with managing timelines, budgets, ordering/managing material and inventory.
- Demonstrated solid communication skills required to interact with leads, supervisors, and management.
- Strong ability to interact with members of the team, share information, provide instruction, mentor, and collaborate.
- Strong work ethic, problem solving skills, and a positive team attitude.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. BOS welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Flexible work hours
Multiple extended health care plans to choose from
Subsidized Lunch Program
Training development program
Staff appreciation lunches & Socials
Bi-annual company events
Career planning & goal setting
Employee recognition program
Performance appraisal program
BOS Promotional Clothing
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Supported Volunteer Program
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.